International Soccer Kits 2019

Digby

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5aOmeJe.jpg

Australia at Jamaica. I would have preferred Jamaica wear their black shorts but it's still a good look.

zqptbLe.jpg

Venezuela at Brazil. Pretty good look for both.

P16xmzA.jpg

Peru vs Bolivia. I wouldn't be surprised if Peru set a world record for most times hitting a post in one attack on goal. 

inTxgok.jpg

Trinidad and Tobago vs Panama

The better looking game of the US's bracket. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Final Day of Group Games

FSm3dsA.jpg

Netherlands vs Canada - Netherlands faces Japan next, Canada gets loser of Sweden vs USA

l7kBpcx.jpg

Cameroon vs New Zealand - First time in a while a keeper's not been monochrome for a tournament that I can remember. Was necessary due to Cameroon's socks. 

DEWsxtk.jpg

Chile vs Thailand 

GOLD CUP

9pnHNtv.jpg

Cuba vs Martinique

6YwJBq5.jpg

Mexico vs Canada - Mexico wearing black as their primary should never happen. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Cameroon vs New Zealand - First time in a while a keeper's not been monochrome for a tournament that I can remember. Was necessary due to Cameroon's socks. 

That's true. As far as I remember goalkeepers almost always wore black / dark shorts until 10-15 years ago. I miss that.

3d04afb2aba0444182b6d3771910d44b_front.j

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

18 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

That's true. As far as I remember goalkeepers almost always wore black / dark shorts until 10-15 years ago. I miss that.

3d04afb2aba0444182b6d3771910d44b_front.j

Up until the early 90's in England the keeper just wore an opposite colored shirt from the rest of the team. In MLS it was annoying because sometimes the keepers would use an away jersey or a random teamwear shirt. I remember Tim Howard doing the latter a lot with Metrostars. 

Image result for tim howard metrostars

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/19/2019 at 8:18 AM, MJWalker45 said:

inTxgok.jpg

Trinidad and Tobago vs Panama

The better looking game of the US's bracket. 

Trinidad wore these for their first game without front numbers. For tonight's game they wore generic 8 inch numbers on the front. They looked pretty awful. And that was before losing 6-0.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, insert name said:

Not sure if it’s been discussed but is there any reason why the USMNT are still wearing the whites from last year?

They only got the red kits this year. The white kit the ladies are wearing is specifically for the Women's World Cup. Same as in 2015 with the white kit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Disappointing kit matchup between Brazil and France earlier:

spacer.pngIt wasn’t necessarily a bad matchup, but it absolutely should’ve been Brazil’s classic yellow/blue/white against the tricolor of France. No reason whatsoever for both teams to change from their traditional primary kit combinations.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Disappointing kit matchup between Brazil and France earlier:

spacer.pngIt wasn’t necessarily a bad matchup, but it absolutely should’ve been Brazil’s classic yellow/blue/white against the tricolor of France. No reason whatsoever for both teams to change from their traditional primary kit combinations.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen Brazil in yellow/white/blue. It doesn’t look too bad, actually.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I can’t say I’ve ever seen Brazil in yellow/white/blue. It doesn’t look too bad, actually.

Not terrible, but not nearly as good as the classic yellow/blue/white. Having the blue shorts separate the yellow and white pieces does wonders, as does the light/dark/light balance of the traditional combination.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9HmdOE9.jpg

England vs Cameroon

RPW7JHo.jpg

Sweden vs Canada - Apparently yellow is considered a dark color at FIFA

NJdaN09.jpg

Spain vs United States - I still wish the US had navy blue shorts with these. Not needed for this matchup but good to have. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Spain vs United States - I still wish the US had navy blue shorts with these. Not needed for this matchup but good to have. 

For all we know they might. They wore previously unseen blue clash socks in their group stage matchup against Chile:

spacer.png

For the record, I really loved this white/white/blue combo. Not as good as white/blue/white, but still pretty damn sharp.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sales of the USWNT jersey have outpaced all other U.S. soccer jerseys, including those of the men's team, according to statistics from Nike and Fanatics, the two licensed sellers.

Nike said in its earnings report that the women's 2019 stadium home jersey is now the No. 1-selling soccer jersey, men's or women's, ever sold on Nike.com in one season. Fanatics said this is the top-selling U.S. Soccer national team, men's or women's, of all time, with sales more than 500% greater this year vs. the same period (through the semifinals) in 2015.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-womens-world-cup/story/3892049/jersey-sales-soaring-for-uswntsetting-records

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived