NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

On 7/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, spartacat_12 said:

I think the Islanders home jersey is the worst example of the new collars: 

spacer.png

The amount of gap between the area where the laces are and the upper edge of the collar is absurdly huge.

The weird shape formed from the orange parts of the collar looks really awful. Previously, some of the new collars were compared to a toilet seat. If some collars look like a toilet seat, I have no idea what that is lol.

The overall template has the potential to be filled in decently with the right colors. But it could also look like this...😱😱

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2019 at 10:10 PM, Ark said:

Teams are 100% to blame for bad collars. They could all use this collar style and it would look great:

949861488.jpg.0.jpg

Whoa, for a second there, I thought you typed that this collar style looks “great” and then posted a pic of the Winnipeg Jets and that ridiculous-looking grey splotch.  

Oh, wait...you did.

18 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Whoa, for a second there, I thought you typed that this collar style looks “great” and then posted a pic of the Winnipeg Jets and that ridiculous-looking grey splotch.  

Oh, wait...you did.

I don't care about that. I was talking about the collar.

I don't see what's so bad about the trapezoid thing, though. They should have made it blue, I guess. 

15 hours ago, pepis21 said:

IMO they should fix it in that way:

spacer.png

Because their fix looks even worse than first version

This isn't getting enough love. This is the absolute best fix for these jerseys, given this template from Adidas. Nicely done. The balance of color in the collars isn't perfect but it's the best we can do given these terrible parameters.

The Winter Classic collars would be an even better fit, as the NHL logo would be dropped down, and it would decrease the size of the collar slightly. I’m really surprised that none of the classic teams wanted to go that route. Especially the Hawks

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, Steve-O said:

This isn't getting enough love. This is the absolute best fix for these jerseys, given this template from Adidas. Nicely done. The balance of color in the collars isn't perfect but it's the best we can do given these terrible parameters.

i think its not getting love because theres nothing wrong with it and just looks like it should.   Good design can go unnoticed.

So about the Heritage Classic, I think Flames and Jets would wear reverse versions of their retro jerseys, very possible.

So, the Jets would wear the blue version of their Heritage jersey,but they should wear blue pants to match the 1978-79 uniforms.

JSBREAKJHE_394x.jpg?v=1543437397Jets7.png

And Flames would wear the white version of their retro alternates easily, but I wonder if Flames had a few features from Calgary's former WHA team, the Cowboys. Like adds Cowboys' logo on the shoulders or inside the collar.

71LJrbc95cL._SX425_.jpg                  5481.gifil_fullxfull.521592616_c1ap.jpeg?v=14501

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

On 8/1/2019 at 11:17 PM, Eastport76 said:

And Flames would wear the white version of their retro alternates easily, but I wonder if Flames had a few features from Calgary's former WHA team, the Cowboys. Like adds Cowboys' logo on the shoulders or inside the collar.

I'm fine with the Flames not adding shoulder logos to their classic sweaters. Every brand needn't be extended. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm fine with the Flames not adding shoulder logos to their classic sweaters. Every brand needn't be extended. 

Agreed with this; throwbacks should explicitly remain shoulder logo-less unless said throwbacks had shoulder logos. The classic Flames jerseys look hella slick right now, and a secondary that would obviously have to be designed with the main set in mind (so having black) would wreck the jersey.

On 8/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, Eastport76 said:

So about the Heritage Classic, I think Flames and Jets would wear reverse versions of their retro jerseys, very possible.

So, the Jets would wear the blue version of their Heritage jersey,but they should wear blue pants to match the 1978-79 uniforms.

JSBREAKJHE_394x.jpg?v=1543437397Jets7.png

71LJrbc95cL._SX425_.jpg                  5481.gifil_fullxfull.521592616_c1ap.jpeg?v=14501

That happens for Winnipeg, and I'll buy the dark colour to match the 2016 Heritage Classic jersey I bought

On 8/3/2019 at 8:10 PM, the admiral said:

More then likley to have heritage classic logo on the shoulder. Look at the pass jersey

these are the jersey I would like to see

Image result for nhl heritage classic 2019

hvmY186.png

Another half-assed design with no regard for contrast and proper colour distribution.  Just like the Sharks, Hurricanes, Flyers, Lightning and Canucks.  If they'd brought back the royal blues, I could forgive the Oiler's new direction but after seeing this I'm convinced this team has no clue what they're doing. 

Leak: Edmonton Oilers New Uniform for 2020

August 10, 2019 - 20:58 PM

The Edmonton Oilers new third jersey for the upcoming 2019-20 NHL season has leaked via a sponsored link on Google. This courtesy CBC Calgary “radio guy” Dave Waddell. The leak shows a navy blue and orange Oilers jersey with no […]

Read More...

Archived