BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Getting rid of the balancing triangle and just making it a white "A" with larger mountain peaks would have worked just fine, kinda like the Flames' A with flame. 

And, as the article states, I'm now incredibly curious as to what the Kings will wear. LA with palm trees?

EdF5KpZ.png

I don't remember the last time my opinions differed from everyone else's on this forum so wildy!

That jersey is probably the worst NHL jersey I've seen. The fishsticks are better. The Mooterus is better.... the Buffaslug is 20x better.

The Sabres Turdburger is arguably better, because it's a stupid gimmick just like this sweater, but at least it WOULD HAVE looked okay if the back matched the front. This one just has NO redeeming qualities for me. It's just really bad from top to bottom.

speaking of bottoms, is the guy in the pic wearing the pants backwards?! I've never seen the NHL logo in that placement....

6 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

I don't remember the last time my opinions differed from everyone else's on this forum so wildy!

That jersey is probably the worst NHL jersey I've seen. The fishsticks are better. The Mooterus is better.... the Buffaslug is 20x better.

The Sabres Turdburger is arguably better, because it's a stupid gimmick just like this sweater, but at least it WOULD HAVE looked okay if the back matched the front. This one just has NO redeeming qualities for me. It's just really bad from top to bottom.

I'm with ya. This is atrocious lol. And am I the only one who gets a serious Montreal Alouettes vibe?

10 hours ago, GMW79 said:

A triangle balancing on a mountain peak. Nice.

I see the entire triangle within the A as the mountain.  The peak is maroon, and there is snow in the middle of the mountain.

I can see the triangle balancing thing you're referring to, but personally I didn't notice it until you pointed it out.

That white piece coming out of the collar looks to me like someone stuffed their napkin in there and it flows out so you don't get any of your lunch on the rest of the jersey.

I'm torn on this one. It looks like a disastrous attempt at a gaudy 70s sweater, a la the flying V. On the other hand, it is so weird that I kinda like it.

The Avs jersey is...interesting. As others have mentioned, there's an '80s Canucks vibe to it, but it also reminds me of the last Stadium Series involving the Kings.

spacer.png

Chest stripes which continue onto the sleeves and different colors on either side of the stripes. Make the bottom half of San Jose's burgundy, and there's the basic design of the new Avs version.

I can't see how the Kings could make a K or LA work, so maybe a crown?

Spoiler

One rumor said that they might be bringing back purple for the uniform, but that remains to be seen.

spacer.png spacer.png

Interestingly on social media the response I saw was pretty negative and here it's more balanced.  That's a pretty rare event; usually we're meaner than average ha!  I would bet my life that within the next 24 hours someone on here will make a vastly improved photoshopped variation 

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I see the entire triangle within the A as the mountain.  The peak is maroon, and there is snow in the middle of the mountain.

Snow that is avalanching...

Honestly? I actually really like it. The problem with the Avs is they don't exactly have a very rich history of jerseys to just trot out for a Stadium Series game. This team has had essentially the same design since their very first season, and they can't trot the C-mountain out again because that's their third jersey right now.

They could maybe have just made a white version of that, but I honestly really like this direction. Unless they trotted out the wordmark third again or (god forbid) trotted out Nordiques throwbacks, they don't really have much else to work with.

Besides, it's showing a willingness to get creative with their brand, and this is in a way that really works for me as it's a one-off jersey that'll almost definitely not be anything more then this; so I'm fine with them going bananas and trying something really different here.

As for LA's, I think purple and the crown might be a reasonable guess for the Kings; they've had this identity long enough now that I can see them experimenting with purple and seeing if there's a demand for it again in case they ever decide to rebrand.

18 minutes ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

Honestly? I actually really like it. The problem with the Avs is they don't exactly have a very rich history of jerseys to just trot out for a Stadium Series game. This team has had essentially the same design since their very first season, and they can't trot the C-mountain out again because that's their third jersey right now.

Stadium Series jerseys really don't have anything to do with historical jerseys. Stadium Series has, for the vast majority, been about new design. 

I dig it. I just wish the white stroke around the A was the same weight as the stripes and that the fabrics matched.