BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

 

 

Would love to see teams experiment with other helmet colours like football teams do.  Habs in Blue helmets/red socks looks odd but also cool for me to seespacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, dannykraft said:

I also love when we get bright colored helmet that doesn't match the rest like Notre Dame and Ohio State, it shouldn't work but the colors are so unique I love it., 

Notre Dame’s old hockey helmets were far superior to the shiny gold helmets they use now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Notre Dame’s old hockey helmets were far superior to the shiny gold helmets they use now.

I like their current gold for the helmets. It matches the football teams and looks like real gold without looking like chrome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, habsfan9 said:

 

 

Would love to see teams experiment with other helmet colours like football teams do.  Habs in Blue helmets/red socks looks odd but also cool for me to seespacer.png

 

We could also put a giant, indistinguishable sticker of the team logos on the helmet.

 

Or...we could just stick to what has worked for years.  Like they say, if it ain't broke, don't bleeping screw around with it.  What might work for one sport, doesn't necessarily work for another.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, M4One said:

 

We could also put a giant, indistinguishable sticker of the team logos on the helmet.

 

Or...we could just stick to what has worked for years.  Like they say, if it ain't broke, don't bleeping screw around with it.  What might work for one sport, doesn't necessarily work for another.

 

I don’t like the giant sticker used for the penguins and flyers, but ASU doesn’t look bad with it. I would actually say it elevates the look when using the large pitchfork. The large sparky is pretty ugly though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For this year's Skills Challenge the Sabres will be wearing replicas of the jerseys worn in the 1978 All-Star Game, which was held in the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.

 

W4CNnNF.jpg  YK74LOV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we bring back the orange for the NHL logo? It had more personality then the bland silver one we have now, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I don’t like the giant sticker used for the penguins and flyers, but ASU doesn’t look bad with it. I would actually say it elevates the look when using the large pitchfork. The large sparky is pretty ugly though.

 

Sure, it looks better how ASU did it compared to the Pens/Flyers, but I feel it's unnecessary and adds nothing to the overall look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as a full time look. But I wouldn't mind it if teams broke out "alternate" socks or helmets once in a while. For example the Bruins could use yellow socks as an alternate (if they aren't gonna wear them full time). Florida could wear Red helmet or pants as an alternate. Canucks green pants. ect..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White helmets look good. Dark helmets with white jerseys generally look weird. I don't know why we need to change this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Point1 said:

White helmets look good. Dark helmets with white jerseys generally look weird. I don't know why we need to change this...

 

The only time I would be for this is if the Penguins wore their yellow helmets a couple times a year with the white jerseys.  Would be a throwback nod to their white uniforms in the 1980s.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Point1 said:

White helmets look good. Dark helmets with white jerseys generally look weird. I don't know why we need to change this...

I think this is generally correct but sometimes theres exceptions. All of the youth blue jackets In Columbus wear navy helmets and I think they really work well with the navy arms of the away jersey. The blue jackets also use the look during the rookie tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

 

The only time I would be for this is if the Penguins wore their yellow helmets a couple times a year with the white jerseys.  Would be a throwback nod to their white uniforms in the 1980s.

 

spacer.png

 

Hard pass.  Those uniforms have enough problems.  They don't need the helmet throwing off the color balance even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I think this is generally correct but sometimes theres exceptions. All of the youth blue jackets In Columbus wear navy helmets and I think they really work well with the navy arms of the away jersey. The blue jackets also use the look during the rookie tournament.

That’s due to lack of equipment/ not wanting to spend extra money for rookie tournament that some people won’t make the team for. Professional Hockey looks best with dark helmets with colored jerseys and white helmets with white jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Not as a full time look. But I wouldn't mind it if teams broke out "alternate" socks or helmets once in a while. For example the Bruins could use yellow socks as an alternate (if they aren't gonna wear them full time). Florida could wear Red helmet or pants as an alternate. Canucks green pants. ect..

No. Teams shouldn’t mix and match elements because teams can’t be trusted to pick the best set, as evidence by the Montreal pic above. You know there is going to be one team that will wear the equivalent to color rush 90% of home games because they think it looks cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

 

The only time I would be for this is if the Penguins wore their yellow helmets a couple times a year with the white jerseys.  Would be a throwback nod to their white uniforms in the 1980s.

 

spacer.png

 

It still amazes me that it took the Penguins six years to figure out "Oh, the numbers should go down here on the sleeves instead." I'm also surprised that any company would want to take credit for the lousy iron-on numbering from this era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dont care said:

That’s due to lack of equipment/ not wanting to spend extra money for rookie tournament that some people won’t make the team for. Professional Hockey looks best with dark helmets with colored jerseys and white helmets with white jerseys.

as someone who played for youth blue jackets I know that its lack of equipment, that does not mean it is a bad look. Normally professional Hockey looks best with dark helmets with colored jerseys and white helmets with white jerseys but my whole point is there are exceptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

Can we bring back the orange for the NHL logo? It had more personality then the bland silver one we have now, IMO.

 

Since the league insists on having the league logo on the jersey collars, I'd rather see each team use the crest in their own respective colourway, with the black & silver being the default look. It works for MLB & MLS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the semi-recent Avs discussion and me not wanting to study for my last final, I did this on NHL 20 last night. The first two are the with the Avs current blue, or at least what NHL 20 has it as, and the last one is with a darker blue/navy.

 

fiio9Kz.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 7:53 PM, habsfan9 said:

 

 

Would love to see teams experiment with other helmet colours like football teams do.  Habs in Blue helmets/red socks looks odd but also cool for me to seespacer.png

I like it as a change of pace every so often (kind of like how the Texas Rangers switch hats). For some reason this look made me think of the Blackhawks but with Blue instead of black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.