NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2020 NHL All-Star Jerseys Unveiled

January 8, 2020 - 17:22 PM

The National Hockey League and Adidas this afternoon unveiled the jerseys that will be worn for the 2020 NHL All-Star Game to be held in St. Louis later this month. Like last year, jerseys are dark grey and white, players […]

Read More...

NHL All Star Game / Players Weekend!

I actually don't hate these.  I think they'd be OK if the logs were not restricted to one-color.  I think the one-color logo looks particularly bad for the Bruins and Penguins and doesn't really work for any logo that should have more colors.  

I've seen better, but I've certainly seen worse.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

At this point, as much as I enjoy the 3-on-3 tournament style, they need to back to the way it was in the late 1990s-early 2000s with a North America vs. The World game and let North America and The World squads rotate between regular home/road jerseys every season.

They had royal blue and yellow to work with and didn't use either. Pretty sad looks. I also like the idea of using the NHL crest on the front instead of team logos. The jersey design is underwhelming too.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

ENxkPYkW4AEZf63?format=jpg&name=large

The only thing I like about these is the thick outline around the Red Wings logo. They need to adopt that as their regular logo.

I appreciate the attempt to incorporate elements of the host team's brand, but the execution is off here. They should've kept the template but given each division it's own colour & unique logo. You could have blue with navy & yellow trim, white with royal & yellow, yellow with navy & royal, and red with yellow & royal.

1 hour ago, Ark said:

The Avalanche look fine IMO, they just messed up the jersey piping for some reason.  Also, the numbers looked a lot better before:

3d0babae93467eae51fee0bc38c0d801.jpg

The roads desperately need that blue stripe, the homes have never looked better.  Should bring back the footprint back too, maybe confine it to the roads.  The state-flag-inspired patch looks great on the homes but doesn't contrast as well on the road whites.

I agree of going back to the old format, though i prefer East vs West.  I don't like the black/white of the past couple years.  Use the host team's color palette.  It's a lot easier if restricting to just two teams instead of four to have some design freedom, and can still do color vs color if it works out with a team like the Blues with plenty of options.  

I made a concept post just now in the Concept page if you want to check it out.

6 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Why can you see the fight straps on the white ASG jerseys?

The material is probably a little transparent.

As for the jerseys, I think i like them but I wish the Lightning logo was blue on the dark jersey and that the negative space wasnt filled in so the staff stripes would show thru.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

The roads desperately need that blue stripe, the homes have never looked better.  Should bring back the footprint back too, maybe confine it to the roads.  The state-flag-inspired patch looks great on the homes but doesn't contrast as well on the road whites.

Agreed, the stripes on the home finally match the socks stripes, but they messed up on the roads, need a blue stripe to add more contrast between the silver and white. 

spacer.png

Archived