NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

So they make logos for each division the past few years, but don't bother to make the jerseys the colors in said logos like they did from 2016-18? These could be good if they weren't bland as hell. 

Seriously.

I know in addition to the division logos, they make team specific ones but the only one I have seen is the Islanders one.  I've been trying to find all of them for the last couple of weeks but am not having any luck

I'll be honest, I had no idea that Adidas was based in Portland until I saw the byline on the NHL article about the All Star jerseys.

Kind of interesting that both Adidas and Nike are both headquartered in the Pacific Northwest (unless that area is like the Silicon Valley of sports/sports adjacent clothing companies).

IEI5Tg1.png

Whalers Retro Uniforms Returning Saturday

January 10, 2020 - 19:26 PM

Guess who’s back? Back again. Whalers are back. Tell your friends ♫ On Saturday, January 11th, the Carolina Hurricanes will once again wear their oh-so-very-great green Hartford Whalers throwback uniforms. The ‘Canes had previously worn this 1985-89, 1990-91 design for […]

Read More...

8 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Since Hartford won't be getting a team back ever, can the Hurricanes just petition for these to be their away uniform?

Having two teams wearing blue/green/white with a whale in their logo is kinda weird. Not to mention those would have to be the homes since they wear whites on the road now. 

1 hour ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Having two teams wearing blue/green/white with a whale in their logo is kinda weird. Not to mention those would have to be the homes since they wear whites on the road now. 

It's really not that weird.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

31 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Eh, its uh...it's a little weird, just a bit. I'd feel much more at ease if it wasn't the case. Alright, I'm...I'm out.

https://youtu.be/M2CFFULmONk?t=185

It's somewhere between not that weird and a little weird. Maybe if the Whalers identity was a permanent thing it would be more weird.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, selby56 said:

Tomorrow night is the night:

Image result for carolina hurricanes whalers"

Love seeing this uniform for a moment each year.  Only reason I might try and make an effort to tune into or see highlights of a Hurricanes game.

Realize that the Hurricanes cannot wear this as a regular third, but why the heck are the WHL's Seattle Thunderbirds not wearing this uniform as a regular third?  The Thunderbirds currently wear the navy Whalers-style uniforms.  This green uniforms is a throwback for the Thunderbirds too.  A real shame they do not wear it as a third.

spacer.png

On 1/10/2020 at 10:38 AM, selby56 said:

Tomorrow night is the night:

Image result for carolina hurricanes whalers"

I was at the game in Raleigh last December and it was loads of fun!  Despite knowing the history of what happened, I still made sure to pick that jersey up and have plans to get a second one later on with a player name on it (which I normally never do for hockey jerseys).

Archived