NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Absolutley. Those would have been great all star jerseys.

But its about money. NHL wants the jerseys to have the team logo and be in neutral colors, so fans of each team will buy it. They think I am more likely to buy a White/Grey Devils logo Nico Hischier jersey than a Blue/Yellow NHL logo Nico Hischier jersey. Well guess what I'm not buying one anyway because it looks like :censored:.

Here are KHL and ECHL ASG unis, which are miles ahead compare to NHL:

2890386ce923c2b2a3ff95b36fc34b24.jpg

85xidutt8dc41.jpg

BTW I remember when Rbk/CCM unveil Edge system few moments later almost all brands switch to Edge collar, now we've got same situation with adizero.

Warrior in CHL using adidas collar:

Tychy_Away.jpg

and CCM try to mimic it by making their own version of adizero collar.

4r2eer.png

21 hours ago, worcat said:

Blues alumni jerseys are miles ahead of what the NHL chose to wear.

Those would be a monumental improvement.  I don't know why more host teams don't base their all-star jerseys on their own identities...  Minnesota produced arguably one of the best designs in 2004.

The NHL should get the city of Indianapolis. It's possible that the expansion teams would include Indianapolis. We will have to wait and see if the NHL annouces the expansion team and pick Indianapolis.

24 minutes ago, Coltfan said:

The NHL should get the city of Indianapolis. It's possible that the expansion teams would include Indianapolis. We will have to wait and see if the NHL annouces the expansion team and pick Indianapolis.

I can't foresee any scenario whereby Indianapolis is granted an NHL team.

32 is the number I think all of the major sports would want. conf alignment and scheduling is easiest at 32. The question is, is any franchise even considering moving. If so then Quebec would probably be top of the list if its an eastern team. If not Detroit would have to move west again which the NHL said they don't have to if they don't want, if I heard right.

Image result for canucks all star jersey 2020

Can someone tell me why the Canucks logo has the ice shards with a dark fill instead of just white triangles? I mean, I think this is how the monochrome version look all the time, I just noticed it again because I'm looking at the all-star pics. Why do they have the ice shards a different colour to the 'ice'? It doesn't make sense to me. Just make them white?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:06 PM, Morgo said:

Those would be a monumental improvement.  I don't know why more host teams don't base their all-star jerseys on their own identities...  Minnesota produced arguably one of the best designs in 2004.

I agree that this would look better, but there's also something distinctly unsettling about seeing your favorite player cos-playing in the uniform or look of another team. Also, I'd personally never be in the market for an all-star jersey, but every now and then I'll see a MLB jersey pop up on eBay or somewhere and think, man, that's a nice Pirates jersey, only to realize it was, like, a Derek Jeter all-star game jersey from when they played in Pittsburgh. 

If you're a fan of that player, would you buy a jersey that looks like it belongs to another team? I think the jersey buying public, though, might be more inclined to purchase all-star gear that appeared more neutral, that was more about the event than the place in which it's held.

Honestly, the worst thing to happen to all-star games (OK, probably not the worst, but let me be hyperbolic) was straying from standard red-white-blue designs. The 70s-80s Pro Bowl and NBA All-Star Game uniforms should still be the standards. 

I'll stop shaking my fist at the clouds now. 

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

sAA540t.png

Wild Wing playing goalie in the Wild Wing jersey.

That is all.

What's better is that wasn't the only alternate jersey there; Howler was wearing the Kachina jersey, and Hunter was wearing the current Oilers third.

On 1/25/2020 at 11:15 AM, Ridleylash said:

The problem with Kansas City is nobody seems interested in getting a team there after the Penguins stabilized. My guess is that the next expansion pair will end up being Houston and Québec City.

Any idea how Montreal Ownership and Toronto Ownership feel about that possibility?

28 minutes ago, Fitzy0220 said:

Any idea how Montreal Ownership and Toronto Ownership feel about that possibility?

Why would Toronto care if Quebec were to ever get a team?  Doubtful there are many Leaf fans in Quebec.  Montreal, on the other hand, that's a different story.  They probably wouldn't be too happy, but while I'm not completely sure, if the NHL really wanted a team back in Quebec, I don't think they could do much about it, since Quebec City is outside Montreal's territory.

The NHL shouldn't be expanding beyond 32 teams, as there are way too many teams already.  Not to mention the continuing issues in Glendale and Sunrise. 

Archived