BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

On 1/26/2020 at 1:47 AM, Bayne said:

Image result for canucks all star jersey 2020

Can someone tell me why the Canucks logo has the ice shards with a dark fill instead of just white triangles? I mean, I think this is how the monochrome version look all the time, I just noticed it again because I'm looking at the all-star pics. Why do they have the ice shards a different colour to the 'ice'? It doesn't make sense to me. Just make them white?

Because whoever designed the All star unis just copy-pasted each team's logo and arbitrarily used the 'fill' option in paint.

spacer.png

Winnipeg's 10th anniversary logo has been revealed.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Winnipeg's 10th anniversary logo has been revealed.

Why they put their logo on a another jet? Should’ve used just the jet with maple leaf behind it, not this monstrosity. Although the rest is nice.

1 hour ago, Eastport76 said:

Why they put their logo on a another jet? Should’ve used just the jet with maple leaf behind it, not this monstrosity. Although the rest is nice.

They should have just used the jet with the X and the years. No need for the logo on top. 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:47 AM, Bayne said:

Can someone tell me why the Canucks logo has the ice shards with a dark fill instead of just white triangles? I mean, I think this is how the monochrome version look all the time, I just noticed it again because I'm looking at the all-star pics. Why do they have the ice shards a different colour to the 'ice'? It doesn't make sense to me. Just make them white?

That's how the official style guide has it broken out.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:57 AM, Chromatic said:

Because whoever designed the All star unis just copy-pasted each team's logo and arbitrarily used the 'fill' option in paint.

Or because taking common sense liberties like that are typically met with a response of, “It doesn’t match the single-color logo on the style guide. Can we fix that?”

I miss the NHL shield on the front of the All-Star jerseys. I think the grey jersey design was quite good.

16 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Or because taking common sense liberties like that are typically met with a response of, “It doesn’t match the single-color logo on the style guide. Can we fix that?”

Can we?

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Can we?

We can change the logos to match what’s on the style guide, but we can’t change what’s on the style guide just because we think it looks better.

The Sabres cheapened out for their alumni.

Mike Robitaille and Dave Andreychuk were given jerseys with their names misspelled.

d82fDU9.png

The 96-06 black jerseys were knockoffs with wrong collars and no shoulder logos.

DxatjXJ.png

11 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Mike Robitaille and Dave Andreychuk were given jerseys with their names misspelled.

d82fDU9.png

The 96-06 black jerseys were knockoffs with wrong collars and no shoulder logos.

DxatjXJ.png

The miss-spelling is something to be mad about. But did you really think they had some goat head jerseys just left over in the back somewhere? Having someone recreate them is the only option which I don’t see any issue with other than the shoulder logos missing which could just be that they couldn’t get the right patch made for them. I think going no patch is better than going wrong patch here.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:55 PM, andrewharrington said:

Fixing errors in the style guide can be complicated and take years.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

The miss-spelling is something to be mad about. But did you really think they had some goat head jerseys just left over in the back somewhere? Having someone recreate them is the only option which I don’t see any issue with other than the shoulder logos missing which could just be that they couldn’t get the right patch made for them. I think going no patch is better than going wrong patch here.

Having someone poorly recreate them is not the only option. I'm sure adidas would have made them like they did for the Canucks this season, or worst case scenario you can buy blanks from several different sites online. It's a cheap and lazy look by the Sabres.

32 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

Having someone poorly recreate them is not the only option. Those black jerseys (blank) are widely available online.

Is it though, from doing a google search there was only one seller selling one jersey on eBay. And regardless recreation is the only option because they aren’t going to give them 20+ year old jerseys.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

But did you really think they had some goat head jerseys just left over in the back somewhere? Having someone recreate them is the only option which I don’t see any issue with other than the shoulder logos missing which could just be that they couldn’t get the right patch made for them. I think going no patch is better than going wrong patch here.

spacer.png

The collar is completely wrong and the logo's crooked. Those are two glaring problems I noticed immediately.

18 minutes ago, dont care said:

Is it though, from doing a google search there was only one seller selling one jersey on eBay. And regardless recreation is the only option because they aren’t going to give them 20+ year old jerseys.

They could've at least kinda gave a :censored: for the Goathead, especially since this is their 50th anniversary season. Anaheim did jersey recreations in-house for their 20th anniversary, and they looked perfect;

spacer.png

Don't tell me a 50 year old franchise wouldn't be able to put together a group of well-made Goathead replicas when the Ducks, who are a much younger franchise, had no trouble putting together a bunch of well-made replicas of pretty much every jersey they've ever worn, including one as infamous as the Wild Wing, for their 20th anniversary.

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Don't tell me a 50 year old franchise wouldn't be able to put together a group of well-made Goathead replicas when the Ducks, who are a much younger franchise, had no trouble putting together a bunch of well-made replicas of pretty much every jersey they've ever worn, including one as infamous as the Wild Wing for their 20th anniversary.

They did it for the 25th anniversary last year, and I think adidas helped them. Not sure adidas was involved in the Sabres unis. 

What the Sabres did is inexcusable. A professional sports organization should have zero issue recreating their own jerseys. They have access to every manufacturer, supplier, wholesaler, etc in the world and obviously have the cash. Just good ol fashioned piss poor planning. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:55 PM, Delicate Genius said:

d82fDU9.png

DxatjXJ.png

Did the Sabres cheap out, or did the Sabres alumni cheap out?  

I remember the Canucks home opener and they had a few players in the different jerseys.  One of those ex-players was wearing the old style stick in rink, but had the Johnny V logo on the shoulder because that was the Canucks alumni jersey.  It wasn't an Adidas jersey, either.  

Edit. Okay, maybe they did cheap out on the goat head jerseys.  Some of this original jerseys are from Adidas and others not.

The Winnipeg Jets should really switch to that blue third as their primary look.  They could own that shade of blue instead of just being another navy blue team.   It looks amazing on the ice.