NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

The Winnipeg Jets should really switch to that blue third as their primary look.  They could own that shade of blue instead of just being another navy blue team.   It looks amazing on the ice.

The shade of blue, yes, but that wordmark is not good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The Winnipeg Jets should really switch to that blue third as their primary look.  They could own that shade of blue instead of just being another navy blue team.   It looks amazing on the ice.

There's something about the aviator blue that just does not work for me as a primary color. I love how Winnipeg embraced their WHA history and NHL 1.0 & 2.0 history with their third jersey but I think their really home jersey is far better. I think the Jets did a fantastic job with the wordmark but I do not like how the wordmark does not have the word Winnipeg in the tail of the 's'. As a third jersey, I love how the Jets paid tribute to the NHL and WHA history in Winnipeg but I think it should only ever be an alternate uniform. I still feel that uniform is too plain and even though I am really glad Winnipeg finally made an aviator blue jersey, I would be very happy to see them retire it at the end of this season and replace it with the Heritage Classic uniform they wore this season. I gotta say that Winnipeg is one team that has a modern-style home uniform that is actually quite impressive. The one thing I don't like about it now is the awful Adidas collar. That jersey looked way better with the Edge collar.

I love the Jets double blue color scheme, and the Aviator Blue is really nice. The Manitoba Moose have used a aviator blue jersey that’s for their alternative identity, the Polar Bears.

The new word mark is fantastic, I think. But the design of the jersey is a little plain. I get what it’s throwing back too, but the double blue doesn’t work here. It needs the red of the OG Jets to really pop. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 2/1/2020 at 9:43 PM, CreamSoda said:

I don't think they are "another navy blue team". It's really only them, Columbus, and Buffalo (who is changing back to royal.) I do think someone should use that light blue. I like it as a trim color for them though. 

On 2/5/2020 at 12:24 PM, VDizzle12 said:

Agreed. The logos a seem a bit "clip-arty" too and the whole brand could use more red. 

I mean, the logo's literally the RCAF roundel with a jet on it. I'd hardly call that "clip-arty" unless you're calling the RCAF roundel itself "clip-arty".

12 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The Jets have a modern classic on their hands, all three jerseys are great in different ways. Zero change necessary.

Agreed. The only change I might be interested in seeing is having an aviator blue yoke on the shoulders of the home jersey, but that's really about it.

On February 2, 2020 at 8:26 PM, chcarlson23 said:

I love the Jets double blue color scheme, and the Aviator Blue is really nice. The Manitoba Moose have used a aviator blue jersey that’s for their alternative identity, the Polar Bears.

The new word mark is fantastic, I think. But the design of the jersey is a little plain. I get what it’s throwing back too, but the double blue doesn’t work here. It needs the red of the OG Jets to really pop. 

MOOSE_JH2.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Navy blue is good if dark jerseys are the road jerseys, but it's not the best color to base your brand around. There is a marketing reason why most teams switched to more colorful jerseys once the NHL stopped wearing white at home.

Jersey sales also tend to support this (generally).

Archived