NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/23/2019 at 7:49 AM, TalktoChuck said:

I never understood the 'hard on my eyes' argument that the Oilers royal/orange combos seem to bring up. Maybe my eyes aren't as sensitive to shades of orange as every one else's. But, it's a deep royal blue and a muted orange, nothing eye-searing about either of those colors. If anything, the current shade of orange they use is hard on the eyes.

You have your eyes & I have mine.

I know many who do like that look.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Leafs Go Brach: Announce Return of St Pats Unis for Two

February 20, 2020 - 17:42 PM

The Toronto Maple Leafs this week announced that the old Toronto St. Pats will return once again in 2020 for two games next month. In what’s quickly becoming an annual St. Patrick’s Week tradition in Toronto, the Leafs will don […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Leafs Go Brach: Announce Return of St Pats Unis for Two

February 20, 2020 - 17:42 PM

The Toronto Maple Leafs this week announced that the old Toronto St. Pats will return once again in 2020 for two games next month. In what’s quickly becoming an annual St. Patrick’s Week tradition in Toronto, the Leafs will don […]

Read More...

If the rumours of the NHL granting each team a fulltime "throwback" jersey slot in addition to the regular and alternates are real, I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto ends up using these. Same goes for the Oilers classic Royal and Blue, the Canucks flying Skate, the Hurricanes Whalers jerseys, St Louis' disgusting crayola uniforms, etc.

13 hours ago, Chromatic said:

If the rumours of the NHL granting each team a fulltime "throwback" jersey slot in addition to the regular and alternates are real, I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto ends up using these. Same goes for the Oilers classic Royal and Blue, the Canucks flying Skate, the Hurricanes Whalers jerseys, St Louis' disgusting crayola uniforms, etc.

I'd kill for this....

I think the Stars are one of the only teams in the entire big 4 that has never worn an actual throwback jersey in a game. Ever.

I don't care if it's the North Stars look, the early 90's look, the Cup sweater, or the Mooterus. I wanna see some throwback action in Dallas, without ruining our chances at a new third jersey.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:02 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

If they are going to do throwbacks, I really hope the Canucks go with the flying V. We've seen all other throwbacks for the Canucks except these.

Except...we just saw the Flying V come back for the 50th;

spacer.png

What I'd be down for, personally, is keeping the Flying Skate as a third and just have the WCE-era Canucks jersey as the Throwback alternate;

spacer.png

Then we have every main Canucks color scheme represented without having to rebrand the team again.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:00 PM, Chromatic said:

spacer.png

I'd be super hopeful for Toronto to bring this puppy back in an Adidas, honestly. I don't know if the Leafs' St. Pats jersey would work, since they already use it as an event jersey for St. Patrick's Day.

22 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Except...we just saw the Flying V come back for the 50th;

spacer.png

I don't think most people count a warmup jersey as "coming back" anymore than a team wearing a pink warmup jersey for breast cancer night means pink is now part of the team's colour scheme. 

51 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

What I'd be down for, personally, is keeping the Flying Skate as a third and just have the WCE-era Canucks jersey as the Throwback alternate;

spacer.png

Then we have every main Canucks color scheme represented without having to rebrand the team again.

Yes please. Add the updated stick-in-rink to those and they'd be absolutely gorgeous. Those are the best jerseys the Canucks have ever had.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

7 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Yes please. Add the updated stick-in-rink to those and they'd be absolutely gorgeous. Those are the best jerseys the Canucks have ever had.

Strongly disagree, sorry. Never liked the Orca Bay uniforms. Matter of fact, the recoloured original Stick in Rink secondary  logo was the only element I liked about those sweaters. The updated Stick in Rink is a butchered version of a timeless classic.

A recoloured Skate with block font would be my choice for a third and the Flying V as a throwback.

I thought that logo was still in use on the helmets as the word mark there. That one just seems to be recolored for the Miracle on Ice anniversary? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

I thought that logo was still in use on the helmets as the word mark there. That one just seems to be recolored for the Miracle on Ice anniversary? 

I just noticed watching some highlights that it was in fact still on the helmets. It shows how much I pay attention to the helmets. 

XM4KeeA.png

15 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Kings wore their Heritage throwbacks last night (the superior 80s/90s set):

urn-publicid-ap-org-3177c0d8c4e137eb2d82

But they warmed up wearing white jerseys with the Burger King logo:

?image=6502780

Beauty. Bring this set back. Even through the newer banner logo on the front if they want. This template is a beauty though.

sig.png

Archived