NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

3 hours ago, M4One said:

Based on what Foley said about it being out there, my belief is that the person got the jersey.  Signing a NDA is kinda weird thing to do.  Why didn't they just wait until they are officially released?  https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/goldenknights/golden-knights-to-unveil-third-jersey-this-summer-1962042/

An NDA makes perfect sense.  Why would a team risk ruining their marketing plans and unveil of a highly anticipated jersey by giving it away to the winner so they can just go

posting it on social media.

Also, "It's out there" could be him referring to the jersey design, not that it's physically out in the public. Who knows.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ebod39 said:

An NDA makes perfect sense.  Why would a team risk ruining their marketing plans and unveil of a highly anticipated jersey by giving it away to the winner so they can just go

posting it on social media.

Also, "It's out there" could be him referring to the jersey design, not that it's physically out in the public. Who knows.

Then why auction it off in the first place, especially months away before the official unveiling?  By doing so, you already are running the risk, even with the NDA.  Would Vegas really sue the buyer or maybe take away their tickets if they showed it off?  Seems like that would be a bad PR move on their part of they did.

A week or two, okay.  Understandable.  Months, though?  

On 3/10/2020 at 8:11 PM, monkeypower said:

When these Maple Leafs jerseys were first unveiled, I didn't like the inconsistent striping on the sleeves and hem. But now that design has really grown on me and if you include the pants stripe and the socks, I think it's a neat striping pattern of double-single-single-double (starting from the sleeves and working down).

1202654627_slide.jpg

I don't know why but it bothers me that the Leafs put the manufacturers logo in the stripe of the pants rather than on the hem like every other team.

18 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

The maker's mark on the pants for the Devils, Maple Leafs and Islanders.  It is the Lou Lamoriello effect.

When you lay it out like that, it makes perfect sense (at least in Lamoriello's brain): when you put on that sweater, you're playing for the team, not for the manufacturer. "What about the pants?" Shut up!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

The "home" and "road" games will likely all be in the same building.  Rumour is Las Vegas may be the frontrunner to be the hub for Western Conference.

hearing Pittsburgh is a strong possibility to host East games

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Hoping that the Coyotes go Kachinas for the playoffs, myself.

That was their plan before COVID hit in their "Rally the Valley" promotion/campaign. They only used Kachina logos and uniforms in the promo material I saw. I'm sure it's gonna be like the Pens 2016 situation, where the Kachina is the home uni, regular road uni is the road, and next season Kachina goes full-time home with a corresponding away jersey.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

3 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

The "home" and "road" games will likely all be in the same building.  Rumour is Las Vegas may be the frontrunner to be the hub for Western Conference.

A another rumour about Edmonton will become the hub centre of NHL or the Western Conference else. I’m not sure.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

1 hour ago, Raptorman415 said:

I think maybe the twin cities could be a brilliant idea. Half of the teams in a conference play their games in St. Paul at the Excel Energy Center and the Other half at the Target Center in Minneapolis. State of Hockey you know?

They could also put games in Ridder Arena (home of the Gopher women’s team), which probably has the next best NHL sheet in the area behind the X and Target Center.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

7 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

A another rumour about Edmonton will become the hub centre of NHL or the Western Conference else. I’m not sure.

Here is a list of the 10 cities in the running for 2 spots.  Does depend on the criteria they listed including what local government will allow.  Edmonton has been pushing hard.  I know the BC premier has been pushing hard to get Vancouver as a hub city too, but our provincial health authority has stated that they have not been given a plan to review.

My hunch is it may be 2 U.S. cities.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouver-edmonton-toronto-nhl-hub-cities?auto=true

Archived