BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

9 hours ago, GFB said:

I appreciate the joke, but Detroit has been one of the nation's biggest outbreak areas for COVID-19 and we really don't have the resources for hockey right now as the entire state is still under a stay-at-home order through June 12.

...but feel free to take the "Hockeytown" moniker away from us if it helps you sleep better at night

Detroit (and Michigan’s) number of Covid-19 cases are fairly minimal compared to a month ago. 

The NHL planned to come back before June 12??? Why even bring up the stay at home order if you know it won’t affect this new hockey tournament? 

And I slept great knowing the Red Wings had a lot of empty seats last season. I guess it’s not fun to go to games when the team is bad. 

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

And I slept great knowing the Red Wings had a lot of empty seats last season. I guess it’s not fun to go to games when the team is bad. 

Come on...we all know the hockey community only likes to make fun of inconsistent southern teams (Arizona, Carolina, Florida) for attendance woes. You can't make fun of the fair-weather fans of Original Six teams like the Red Wings or the 00's Blackhawks! 

1 hour ago, selby56 said:

Come on...we all know the hockey community only likes to make fun of inconsistent southern teams (Arizona, Carolina, Florida) for attendance woes. You can't make fun of the fair-weather fans of Original Six teams like the Red Wings or the 00's Blackhawks! 

It goes in cycles, currently, the hockey community only jerks itself off over southern teams, so *blows raspberry and farts at the same time*

30 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It goes in cycles, currently, the hockey community only jerks itself off over southern teams, so *blows raspberry and farts at the same time*

That could get messy.

Or Messier.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That could get messy.

Or Messier.

It might leave a Mark...

Coyotes going Kachinas in the playoffs for every designated home game. Twitter avatar changed as well. Combined with an owner that really loves the Kachinas... 🤔

Coyotes: Kachina Unis Back Full-Time When Hockey Resumes

May 29, 2020 - 21:43 PM

You asked, they answered! Today the Arizona Coyotes announced that their popular throwback “Kachina” style uniforms would be worn full-time (for designated home games) whenever the National Hockey League resumes play. Yes, this is good news. What isn’t quite clear […]

Read More...

41 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Coyotes going Kachinas in the playoffs for every designated home game. Twitter avatar changed as well. Combined with an owner that really loves the Kachinas... 🤔

He really does like the Kachinas. I know there’s been a rumor that he’s been wanting the logo and uniforms back from the dead.

Needs to be permanent, then time to get the DBacks to return to teal, purple and copper. 

26 minutes ago, Gary said:

He really does like the Kachinas. I know there’s been a rumor that he’s been wanting the logo and uniforms back from the dead.

It was only a matter of time since they use the Kachina for anything media related. Next logical step is to bring the kachina back full time along with the white one

Today the Arizona Coyotes announced that their popular throwback “Kachina” style uniforms would be worn full-time (for designated home games) 

spacer.png

That’s... not what “full-time” means. 

54 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

60% of the time, they will be worn all of the time.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

I assume it's just in reference to the playoffs, in that they won't use any other jerseys during their designated home games.

Though to be fair, ownership, players and fans are pretty high on the Kachinas...so maybe Chris knows something we don't about them going Kachinas full time next season? 😜

38 minutes ago, JayMac said:

60% of the time, they will be worn all of the time.

That Doesn't Make Sense GIF - Anchorman Ronburgundy Confused ...

This is great news, but it's also righting a wrong.  To say it's a bold new step or some nonsense is incorrect.  It's necessary admission of a mistake.

12 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

This is great news, but it's also righting a wrong.  To say it's a bold new step or some nonsense is incorrect.  It's necessary admission of a mistake.

Didn't @Sterling84v2.0 have a whole rant about how the "current" Coyote looks like its skull has been crushed or something?

526378072015.gif

It's fine, but it's lacking the character of the Kachina design. I wish the Suns, Cardinals, and Diamondbacks would follow the Coyotes towards a Southwestern Native American art style. It's so much more appealing than this:

30-nike-suns-2017-18-uniforms.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 IMG_9422-600x400.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 

cardinals-uniforms--1024x418.png&f=1&nofb=1 

Arizona has such a fantastic regional look. Use it.

16664996655_09ca5e28de_b.jpg juBiuJR.png

@jmckeev5--590x393.jpeg

Justin McKeever nailed that Cardinals design. 

The current logo is also associated with a lot of the worst parts of the franchise's history; the Gretzky era, the bankruptcy era and the hot-potatoing of owners like the franchise was a five-dollar hooker.

It's perhaps understandable that a lot of Coyotes fans want the Kachinas back, since they made the playoffs pretty consistently when that was their primary and it's really their most iconic design. Players love them, ownership loves them, it's probably just a matter of time.