NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

8 hours ago, IceCap said:

Well the actual 90s logo for the 90s expansion team had a far more restrained logo than that exaggerated cartoon shark, which came out in the 2010s.

8 hours ago, Bayne said:

It doesn't have to, but it helps if it does.

Ottawa did have a classic logo and everyone loves that. The Mighty Ducks logo is iconic. The leaping Panther (to me) is a classic 90's hockey design, so is the original Dallas Stars logo. Tampa Bay have landed on a pretty simple, clean identity and Minnesota has one of the best logos in the league and looks timeless. Columbus aren't that bad either. All of these teams hockey designs have emerged since the 90's. 

You're both preaching to the choir in reference to the Sharks, but the original point was comparing the Sharks logo to "classic" hockey and four of the Original Six teams. Nine of the first twelve teams had simple crests depicting inanimate symbols and letters (the exceptions being the Blackhawks, Penguins, and Golden Seals), and that's not really the measuring stick the Sharks should be held to. All of the recent designs Bayne pointed out as "classic" with the exception of Tampa Bay and maybe Dallas are illustrations drawn in a modern style (I would consider most of them to be good logos, just not necessarily "classic hockey" logos).

All anyone wants for a Sharks logo is simply a well-illustrated shark and the team is currently batting 0/3 in that category to varying degrees. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PepMan33Conde said:

I have a feeling the Flames will go full retro in a few weeks. The mothership has evidence:

2020-stanley-cup-qualifiers-matchups-wes

No white outline, unlike last year.

Also, their social media accounts, for once, featured the classic C on red background as the primary icon. Check it. I ain't lying.

The Coyotes are using the Kachinas as their social media logo and are using them for all their playoff home games, but the graphic is still using the howling coyote logo. Something tells me that it might just be the the normal logo but without the white outline. The yellow looks closer to the modern colors then the retros, too.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:42 PM, Ridleylash said:

The Coyotes are using the Kachinas as their social media logo and are using them for all their playoff home games, but the graphic is still using the howling coyote logo. Something tells me that it might just be the the normal logo but without the white outline. The yellow looks closer to the modern colors then the retros, too.

Both use the same yellow/gold.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Blackhawks would really benefit from bringing back the tan outline around their logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Has it been confirmed, are teams even having two sets of uniforms for hub games?

I guess if there was a clash they would, but to save some time, hassle and resources, and with all the things around hub city games and covid precautions means that training staff is working overtime to keep things sanitized, is there a need for the Flames and Jets (or any teams) to change jerseys and pants and socks at all during there series, both teams wearing home darks?

My guess is Flames would go with retro red like they did last year for playoffs as long as they can.

If they play Chicago or Arizona eventually in the West, one would have to change. And if the Flames did, going white retro would mean they could at least use same pants as ones they wear with retro reds.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:20 AM, browna said:

Has it been confirmed, are teams even having two sets of uniforms for hub games?

I guess if there was a clash they would, but to save some time, hassle and resources, and with all the things around hub city games and covid precautions means that training staff is working overtime to keep things sanitized, is there a need for the Flames and Jets (or any teams) to change jerseys and pants and socks at all during there series, both teams wearing home darks?

My guess is Flames would go with retro red like they did last year for playoffs as long as they can.

If they play Chicago or Arizona eventually in the West, one would have to change. And if the Flames did, going white retro would mean they could at least use same pants as ones they wear with retro reds.

I'm fairly sure normal playoff uniform rules apply where teams have to designate certain uniforms as what they're using and stick to them. The Coyotes, for example, are using the Kachina thirds as their designated home uniform, like how Carolina used their thirds as the home playoff jersey last year. I wouldn't be shocked if the Canes go black for the playoffs again, and same with Calgary and the retros.

5 hours ago, Ark said:

They have the Hartford Whalers uniform

That's an irrelevant uniform in this context. And an irrelevant uniform in my estimation, at any time. Only when worn by a team in Hartford was it relevant. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• 3 weeks later...

Pics: NHL Hub City Ice Designs, Rink Layouts

July 27, 2020 - 00:01 AM

With the National Hockey League getting set to resume play this week, we’re now getting our first look at how the two arenas will look during games. Both of the “Hub Cities” — Edmonton and Toronto — will feature six giant video boards placed in the lower level of the

Read More...

Looks good to me.

Although in a way I would have liked to have seen the West play in TO & the East in Edmonton so no team is on their home ice

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 7/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, Stampman said:

Looks good to me.

Although in a way I would have liked to have seen the West play in TO & the East in Edmonton so no team is on their home ice

Which would have been a terrible idea for TV viewership.  At least now you can kinda form with timezones going east to west

Archived