NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that's West Point, in any event.

I don't mind flat gold jerseys like most of the rest of yous seem to, though I'm curious whether they even go that route. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Is it just me or do I feel like if they go with a gold jersey it'll actually looks kind of stupid. Gold is an accent colour. Too garish as a main colour. We'll see.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

If they go with a gold alternate, they'll have to adjust the shade because there's no way that current shade will look any good as a primary jersey color.

I hope they go with gold because 1. they're the GOLDEN Knights so it's just fitting and 2. black would be too generic.

The franchise did everything right for this team to succeed since day 1. I think this will be no different.

Tbh, I'm expecting a 5 star alternate jersey.

41 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

If they go with a gold alternate, they'll have to adjust the shade because there's no way that current shade will look any good as a primary jersey color.

I hope they go with gold because 1. they're the GOLDEN Knights so it's just fitting and 2. black would be too generic.

The franchise did everything right for this team to succeed since day 1. I think this will be no different.

Tbh, I'm expecting a 5 star alternate jersey.

Everything but a decent name imo.  Love the team colors though.

spacer.png

Last updated 8/9

11 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Love the team colors though.

I'm okay with the name.

But for the colors, definitely because they created a grey jersey that's one of the most beautiful, by making it pop with the perfect accent colors.

To make a grey jersey look this nice, you need to kick your design game into that next gear, and they sure as heck did.

11 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I'm okay with the name.

But for the colors, definitely because they created a grey jersey that's one of the most beautiful, by making it pop with the perfect accent colors.

To make a grey jersey look this nice, you need to kick your design game into that next gear, and they sure as heck did.

As much as I want to disagree with this, I can't. They really did nail it. My first impressions were not positive (and can be found on this board somewhere) but old me was so wrong.

That being said, gold is tough to pull off in a primary. Look at the brewers attempt:

Milwaukee-Brewers-Gold-Featured.jpg

It's not exactly beautiful

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

1 minute ago, MiK said:

As much as I want to disagree with this, I can't. They really did nail it. My first impressions were not positive (and can be found on this board somewhere) but old me was so wrong.

That being said, gold is tough to pull off in a primary. Look at the brewers attempt:

Milwaukee-Brewers-Gold-Featured.jpg

It's not exactly beautiful

I really like this one:

fandemonium05_10.jpg

12 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Apparently we shouldn’t read too much into this since it’s a third-party manufacturer. Hence the wrong wordmarks and current Canucks logo

It’s New Era though...

Which wordmarks are wrong?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

BWHSNGA-122

I designed a gold alternate for my high school team's 10th anniversary (The first jerseys were gold) and I feel like if you enough balance it with enough darker colors a gold jersey can look good on ice and not look too khakish. 

Real good feeling that this has to be a gold jerseys for the alternate.  They are the Golden Knights after all.  Don't need a red of black jersey.

If it is a gold jersey, I would bet we are getting a gold helmet.  Wearing a dark grey helmet with gold jerseys and black pants would not work well aesthetically.  

Would suggest staying away from the shiny helmet like Notre Dame has.  That works for the Fighting Irish but would too gimmicky for an NHL third. 

Maybe we will see the more muted gold helmet like QMJHL's Acadie-Bathurst used to wear:

spacer.png

On 4/26/2019 at 12:10 PM, spartacat_12 said:

Came across this potential leak of the Sens returning to the old 2-D centurion logo for next season. Not sure if it means it'll be back to being the full-time primary, or if it will just be a heavily used alternate like the =O= was a couple years ago (on the draft caps, centre ice, etc.).

spacer.png

The image is really small, so I can't tell for sure. But that Sens logo does look like a concept I made, a while back ago:

BrianBrideau-OTTmashup.png

31 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The image is really small, so I can't tell for sure. But that Sens logo does look like a concept I made, a while back ago:

BrianBrideau-OTTmashup.png

Well they’ve had an updated 2D logo for a long time now, I think as long as they have had the 3D logo.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Well they’ve had an updated 2D logo for a long time now, I think as long as they have had the 3D logo.

I prefer habsfans one over the official updated version

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived