BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

.....and that's not GOLD. That's khaki. 

 

Has anyone ever really gotten gold right on a jersey? AC Milan years ago, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that's West Point, in any event.

I don't mind flat gold jerseys like most of the rest of yous seem to, though I'm curious whether they even go that route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Has anyone ever really gotten gold right on a jersey? AC Milan years ago, maybe?

 

The Vegas Golden Knights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or do I feel like if they go with a gold jersey it'll actually looks kind of stupid. Gold is an accent colour. Too garish as a main colour. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they go with a gold alternate, they'll have to adjust the shade because there's no way that current shade will look any good as a primary jersey color.

 

I hope they go with gold because 1. they're the GOLDEN Knights so it's just fitting and 2. black would be too generic.

 

The franchise did everything right for this team to succeed since day 1. I think this will be no different.

 

Tbh, I'm expecting a 5 star alternate jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

If they go with a gold alternate, they'll have to adjust the shade because there's no way that current shade will look any good as a primary jersey color.

 

I hope they go with gold because 1. they're the GOLDEN Knights so it's just fitting and 2. black would be too generic.

 

The franchise did everything right for this team to succeed since day 1. I think this will be no different.

 

Tbh, I'm expecting a 5 star alternate jersey.

Everything but a decent name imo.  Love the team colors though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Love the team colors though.

 

I'm okay with the name.

 

But for the colors, definitely because they created a grey jersey that's one of the most beautiful, by making it pop with the perfect accent colors.

 

To make a grey jersey look this nice, you need to kick your design game into that next gear, and they sure as heck did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

I'm okay with the name.

 

But for the colors, definitely because they created a grey jersey that's one of the most beautiful, by making it pop with the perfect accent colors.

 

To make a grey jersey look this nice, you need to kick your design game into that next gear, and they sure as heck did.

 

As much as I want to disagree with this, I can't. They really did nail it. My first impressions were not positive (and can be found on this board somewhere) but old me was so wrong.

 

That being said, gold is tough to pull off in a primary. Look at the brewers attempt:

Milwaukee-Brewers-Gold-Featured.jpg

 

It's not exactly beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MiK said:

 

As much as I want to disagree with this, I can't. They really did nail it. My first impressions were not positive (and can be found on this board somewhere) but old me was so wrong.

 

That being said, gold is tough to pull off in a primary. Look at the brewers attempt:

Milwaukee-Brewers-Gold-Featured.jpg

 

It's not exactly beautiful

 

I really like this one:

 

fandemonium05_10.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Apparently we shouldn’t read too much into this since it’s a third-party manufacturer. Hence the wrong wordmarks and current Canucks logo

 

It’s New Era though...

 

Which wordmarks are wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

It’s New Era though...

 

Which wordmarks are wrong?

Can’t really have a wrong word mark when they all use the same font

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers used gold instead of white for their away jerseys. That was a decent shade of gold and I think that would look good for VGK as an alternate light jersey colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BWHSNGA-122

I designed a gold alternate for my high school team's 10th anniversary (The first jerseys were gold) and I feel like if you enough balance it with enough darker colors a gold jersey can look good on ice and not look too khakish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real good feeling that this has to be a gold jerseys for the alternate.  They are the Golden Knights after all.  Don't need a red of black jersey.

 

If it is a gold jersey, I would bet we are getting a gold helmet.  Wearing a dark grey helmet with gold jerseys and black pants would not work well aesthetically.  

 

Would suggest staying away from the shiny helmet like Notre Dame has.  That works for the Fighting Irish but would too gimmicky for an NHL third. 

 

Maybe we will see the more muted gold helmet like QMJHL's Acadie-Bathurst used to wear:

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up for black jerseys with Notre Dame gold helmets...  Perfectly gaudy for Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 12:10 PM, spartacat_12 said:

Came across this potential leak of the Sens returning to the old 2-D centurion logo for next season. Not sure if it means it'll be back to being the full-time primary, or if it will just be a heavily used alternate like the =O= was a couple years ago (on the draft caps, centre ice, etc.).

 

spacer.png

 

The image is really small, so I can't tell for sure. But that Sens logo does look like a concept I made, a while back ago:

 

BrianBrideau-OTTmashup.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

The image is really small, so I can't tell for sure. But that Sens logo does look like a concept I made, a while back ago:

 

BrianBrideau-OTTmashup.png

Well they’ve had an updated 2D logo for a long time now, I think as long as they have had the 3D logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well they’ve had an updated 2D logo for a long time now, I think as long as they have had the 3D logo.

 

Yeah, this one...

 

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dont care said:

Well they’ve had an updated 2D logo for a long time now, I think as long as they have had the 3D logo.

 I prefer habsfans one over the official updated version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.