NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

On 4/29/2019 at 7:44 PM, ldconcepts said:

Something along these lines?

D5WMuncWkAAA74D.jpg:large

I'm supposed to hate this, but for some reason I don't.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on Instagram this morning. Not sure if it's legit or not.

h8Kd3PR.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Take this with a massive grain of salt, as I don't really believe it myself, but a user on the Canucks messageboard claiming to have a friend in a marketing focus group posted the following. I'm only putting it here for the sake of discussion.

Hey Guys, 

I have a friend who attended the marketing/design meetings for the new Canucks jerseys and he gave me some very interesting information regarding the new jerseys. This guy is extremely reliable but take it however you want. 

1. The "VANCOUVER" is officially gone. 

2. The Orca is still the primary logo and will be larger and moved due to the removal of the "VANCOUVER"

3. There is little to no change to the collar. However, he did mention something regarding the NHL logo on the collar being moved down a bit. (Cant fully rememeber) 

4. The third jersey will be royal blue and will have a brand new logo involving the stick. He stated that the logo is a tweak to the classic stick and rink and is something that we have seen before. My guess is that it will be something like the stick in the 50th anniversary logo. Potential a stick facing vertically compared to the original horizontal stick. He noted that he absolutely hated the logo and the third jerseys. 

5. The primary jerseys will also have new shoulder patches. My guess here is it will be the "50" with the stick in it. 

6. the 4th jerseys as we already know are going to be the classic skate jersey. 

During our conversation, he also stated that the Aqualini's absolutely love the classic stick and rink logo. He stated that designs were suggested by other groups including Adidas which were absolutely beautiful. These designs had a lot more green in the primary and third jerseys and different logo's were presented, however were ultimatley nixed by the Aqualini's.  He said this has been a reoccurring issue with the Aqualini's. He mentioned the new updated stick and rink logo with the curved stick ( current third jersey and shoulder patch) was pushed by the Aqualinis and was the worst selling third jersey in the NHL. Once again, due to there love for the stick and rink logo. He also mentioned that the third jerseys were royal blue because the Aqualinis wanted a blue jersey so there would be more blue in the stands. They want to create an environment similar to other teams around professional sports.

Once again, take this however you want but I am confident that these points will hold true. GO CANUCKS GO!

If the Aquilini's love the stick in rink logo so much, then why didn't they ditch it for the Orca back in 2007?!  Getting rid of the script is a smart move long overdo.  Anniversary patches should be on the front, not on the shoulder.  It's not like the Canucks are going to have to replace it with a Stanley Cup patch this upcoming season.  (I'm a realistic Canucks fan)  It's just a focus group, so there could still be changes made, if this is all legit.

1 minute ago, M4One said:

If the Aquilini's love the stick in rink logo so much, then why didn't they ditch it for the Orca back in 2007?!  

I stand by the idea that the team was originally going back to the original jerseys during the reebok switchover (thats why they were "second home and away" rather than just 'alternates') but kept the orca and added the script in order to be more enticing to sell merch to tourists during the olympics.

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Take this with a massive grain of salt, as I don't really believe it myself, but a user on the Canucks messageboard claiming to have a friend in a marketing focus group posted the following. I'm only putting it here for the sake of discussion.

Have a feeling most of this is true or close to it. I don't get "obvious bs" from it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

1. The "VANCOUVER" is officially gone. 

2. The Orca is still the primary logo and will be larger and moved due to the removal of the "VANCOUVER"

This sounds like great news but...

5. The primary jerseys will also have new shoulder patches. My guess here is it will be the "50" with the stick in it.

This is extremely worrisome.  Losing the modern stick n' rink eliminates the only green on the uniform beyond the stripes. 

I hope the omission of any striping-related news is due to it staying unchanged.  But...

These designs had a lot more green in the primary and third jerseys and different logo's were presented, however were ultimatley nixed by the Aqualini's.

This part is even more worrisome.  Could the Canucks actually be considering ditching green entirely?  Cause that would be a disaster on par with the Flying V's :wacko:.

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

One would think that information like this would be extremely confidential with a gag order enforced.

As for keeping the Orca, whatever. It just shows how clueless and inept the Aquilinis are when it comes to running a professional sports franchise. Going back to the club's roots - classic Stick in Rink with Johnny Canuck is an absolute no-brainer. 

Good on Seattle's ownership and upper management for asking their entire fan base about their respective preferences regarding potential team names and colour schemes. It shows that their organization wants to unite as many of their fans and future fans as possible and build a loyal fan base of all ages., instead of dividing their fans like the slumlords who own the Canucks. Traditional fans want "Totems". Progressive fans want "Kraken". My guess is that there will compromises made. Seattle has many quality people in their organization much unlike Canucks organization. 

On 5/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, Chromatic said:

4. The third jersey will be royal blue and will have a brand new logo involving the stick. He stated that the logo is a tweak to the classic stick and rink and is something that we have seen before. My guess is that it will be something like the stick in the 50th anniversary logo. Potential a stick facing vertically compared to the original horizontal stick. He noted that he absolutely hated the logo and the third jerseys

spacer.png

Watch them roll out something like this monstrosity...

No royal blue is a fail. (Maybe there will be a royal blue version if there’s a royal blue third.)

With the Rams, Dolphins, and Chargers in various stages of embracing their best colors, the Sabres in midnight navy is one of the biggest color abominations in sports today.

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

No royal blue is a fail. (Maybe there will be a royal blue version if there’s a royal blue third.)

With the Rams, Dolphins, and Chargers in various stages of embracing their best colors, the Sabres in midnight navy is one of the biggest color abominations in sports today.

I'd much rather be in a Sabre fan's shoes by having the right crest in the wrong shade of blue than have the wrong crest in the right shade of blue - Canucks.

Archived