NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

NHL draft hats are slowly being released - kind of wish they weren't two-toned:

https://www.proamsports.ca/products/edmonton-oilers-2019-nhl-draft-official-hat?variant=19470187659331

They look like they're going to have a similar material to the MLB BP caps we saw last year that had that weird "dri fit" like material and rubber logos.

And yikes on that price. 

T1oYViW.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the city map sublimation is really cool. They should have put it on the top of the hat though, because what’s the point otherwise? It might look busy but that’s not uncommon for draft hats. 

Do the draft prospects need the map under the brim so they can look up at it when they get lost in their new city?

11 hours ago, selby56 said:

They look like they're going to have a similar material to the MLB BP caps we saw last year that had that weird "dri fit" like material and rubber logos.

And yikes on that price. 

And for those with large heads, like myself, the biggest size they have (L/XL) does not even fit me.  Seems like you'd want those who do have large heads to have a chance to get one

11 hours ago, bowld said:

So odd... I literally had a dream last night that I went to the draft and the hats were 2 toned and simple. Woke up today to this leak. Insane

The above is further evidence that folks like us spend too much time obsessing about sports logos and uniforms on this board.

In a related story, my wife woke me up this am and asked why I was sweating profusely and yelling “NO NO NO!” in my sleep.  I told her I had a nightmare that the Rockets new global logo ate one of the kids.   

5 hours ago, tp49 said:

The biggest question I'd have on the draft hats is whether the Islanders one will have the map of Brooklyn or the map of Uniondale on it...

Or will Minnesota be just a map of St. Paul, a map of the Twin Cities, or a map of the state? Will Tampa Bay be a nautical map of the body of water?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

4 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Or will Minnesota be just a map of St. Paul, a map of the Twin Cities, or a map of the state? Will Tampa Bay be a nautical map of the body of water?

Minnesota will be St. Paul.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Minnesota-Wild-Cap-2019-Official-NHL-Draft-Stretch-Flex-Fit-Fitted-Hat/362671635999?hash=item5470e9fe1f:m:mhRt4V5GGaylbZLdmQ9QHiQ

Tampa Bay will be Tampa. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Cap-2019-Official-NHL-Draft-Stretch-Flex-Fit-Fitted-Hat/352685855018?hash=item521db7112a:m:mLzjhoO4znj5eT7a2z2GsTw

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Any reason for the Wild going with black?

s-l1600.jpg

We heard, several pages back, about a potential third jersey that incorporated black (believe it has since been shelved). Maybe the user had some good info. I don't think black and green go poorly together; it's just that when you have hunter green, red, wheat to play with, do you NEED black? Oh well.

17 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Any reason for the Wild going with black?

s-l1600.jpg

We heard, several pages back, about a potential third jersey that incorporated black (believe it has since been shelved). Maybe the user had some good info. I don't think black and green go poorly together; it's just that when you have hunter green, red, wheat to play with, do you NEED black? Oh well.

Regardless of a potential black third jersey, Minnesota has used black as their primary retail color for years. All "on-ice" products (jackets, caps, etc.) are usually black. Oddly enough black is listed as the team's primary retail color, with green as a secondary color.

That being said, a black third jersey is still possible, although apparently unlikely. The latest report was that it may be scrapped after not passing the TV test.

Not to Duck-Jack this thread when we (me included) are having such enthralling conversations about the Canucks that aren't totally talking in circles, but I just bought this on-sale Ducks t-shirt (that I really only want for this summer so I don't care too much) and it really hammered home what I've always thought about the Ducks gold being quite inconsistent across different applications.

npom1H3.jpg

It's a Fanatics shirt, a Reebok jersey and a WinCraft sticker and it's three different shades of gold, though the picture and lighting don't do it exact justice as to how different they look in person.

The logo on the shirt looks quite grey depending on the angle and the lighting.

IEI5Tg1.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Not to Duck-Jack this thread when we (me included) are having such enthralling conversations about the Canucks that aren't totally talking in circles, but I just bought this on-sale Ducks t-shirt (that I really only want for this summer so I don't care too much) and it really hammered home what I've always thought about the Ducks gold being quite inconsistent across different applications.

npom1H3.jpg

It's a Fanatics shirt, a Reebok jersey and a WinCraft sticker and it's three different shades of gold, though the picture and lighting don't do it exact justice as to how different they look in person.

The logo on the shirt looks quite grey depending on the angle and the lighting.

That's three different materials and three different executions, there's going to be variance, it's just nature of the business.  

3 hours ago, ebod39 said:

That's three different materials and three different executions, there's going to be variance, it's just nature of the business.  

I understand that and maybe it’s just the nature of the Ducks shade of gold, but it seems to be a more common occurrence with the Ducks. Just anecdotal evidence living in Calgary, but I can’t recall seeing any instances of the Flames logo being different shades of red across different merchandise.

It’s not just a merch thing either, I’ve the different shades of gold across digital applications as well. I remember thinking it was weird the old NHL website used to have the lighter gold logo as the icon for the Ducks website link.

IEI5Tg1.png

5 hours ago, monkeypower said:

It’s not just a merch thing either, I’ve the different shades of gold across digital applications as well. I remember thinking it was weird the old NHL website used to have the lighter gold logo as the icon for the Ducks website link.

Yeah, digital renditions range from brown to beige to yellow-gold. And you had people who were convinced it was was bronze because of that brown shade.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

13 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I understand that and maybe it’s just the nature of the Ducks shade of gold, but it seems to be a more common occurrence with the Ducks. Just anecdotal evidence living in Calgary, but I can’t recall seeing any instances of the Flames logo being different shades of red across different merchandise.

Metallics are much harder to maintain a consistency across the range of licensed product from apparel to key chains as well as digital.

You can only execute a true metallic in certain applications - so you have to resort to flat for the rest. 

Archived