BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

15 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Outdoor games have become “events” that teams- and fanbases- all jostle for. This is the first one for Preds fans. I can see the sweaters selling like hot cakes assuming they aren’t outright atrocious.

Which they likely won’t be. Winter Classic sweaters aren’t always amazing but I don’t think there’s ever been a truly bad one. 

And honestly, since the rebrand, the Preds have never had a bad jersey. I may dislike their kit, but they're not objectively bad jerseys. I'm sure they'll be doing up a throwback jersey for the event, as has commonly been tradition in Winter Classics, so I'd expect something similar to this.

As for Dallas...I know it'll probably never happen with the current jerseys, but I'd love to see this beauty back on the ice for even one more game.

20 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I just hope the Preds and Stars pull a Capitals 2015 Winter Classic on us and give us fauxback jerseys

The Predators would have to, right? As crazy as it would be to see their inaugural look again ( @Bucfan56 did a great write-up about just how insane it was) I don't think they're going to reference it anytime soon. A fauxback would be their only choice.

As for Dallas? They could reference any manner of Stars or North Stars sweaters as a throwback inspiration. They don't necessarily have to lean all the way into fauxback territory.

It took me a minute to remember what you were talking about, but I do specifically remember calling them "An Iron Maiden cover on ice skates". What a weird, but still cool, uniform set that was. 

I also remember thinking it was metal as :censored: that they turned my favorite toy as a kid into a hockey mascot. 

See the source image

See the source image

On 7/17/2019 at 8:13 AM, DastardlyRidleylash said:

And honestly, since the rebrand, the Preds have never had a bad jersey. I may dislike their kit, but they're not objectively bad jerseys. I'm sure they'll be doing up a throwback jersey for the event, as has commonly been tradition in Winter Classics, so I'd expect something similar to this.

As for Dallas...I know it'll probably never happen with the current jerseys, but I'd love to see this beauty back on the ice for even one more game.

I really loved that Stars jersey as an alternate, but I would prefer their original black jersey. So underrated. 

I listened to an interview on 590 Toronto with Geoff Baker on Wednesday.  They were talking about NHL Seattle and he said that Totems, Metropolitans and Kraken are definitely out of the running for new team name.  He said that it is looking like it is going to be something more fish based.  He said it might be a possibility that the minor league affiliate could be named the Kraken and about the Totems they want to stay as far away possible from anything native american to not end up like the existing franchises that have native monikers.   

25 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I listened to an interview on 590 Toronto with Geoff Baker on Wednesday.  They were talking about NHL Seattle and he said that Totems, Metropolitans and Kraken are definitely out of the running for new team name.  He said that it is looking like it is going to be something more fish based.  He said it might be a possibility that the minor league affiliate could be named the Kraken and about the Totems they want to stay as far away possible from anything native american to not end up like the existing franchises that have native monikers.   

The Palm Springs Kraken??  Sounds like a team in the sequel to Semi-Pro. 

Its going to be Sockeyes. I'd put money on it at this point.

6 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Its going to be Sockeyes. I'd put money on it at this point.

I sure hope you’re wrong.

Just now, daniel75 said:

I sure hope you’re wrong.

The color scheme on the NHL Seattle website ties too well into Sockeyes as a name for me to think it's anything else, TBH.

Hope its sockeyes, it has a nice unique, hockey old school sound to it.

Yeah, Sockeyes is a great name. I especially like how it’s a nice middle ground between “super tough Apex Predator” and “minor league.” 

It’s unique, slightly weird, and doesn’t take itself too seriously, exactly what I think when I think of Seattle.

I just don't want it to turn into socks...

Then you bring in the red sox comparisons.

Avs v Sox!  next on NBCSN

Buffalo 50th and Ducks 3rd leak via Icethetics

EAL99t1W4AYrLiV?format=jpg&name=small

The Buffalo gold is.. lame? gross? Idk. I wouldn't buy it.

And the Ducks jersey is just the old orange alt with the Mighty logo, which was and is still very popular among the fanbase. Smart move, but again, already owned by many. Is this the push for it to become full-time? Hard to say, but I like it. Even made the collar somewhat tolerable. (Can't tell if the "Anaheim" is still on the collar or not.)

47 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I just don't want it to turn into socks...

Then you bring in the red sox comparisons.

Avs v Sox!  next on NBCSN

LETS GO SOCKEYES or GO SOCKEYES GO just doesn't flow well imo

9 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Buffalo 50th and Ducks 3rd leak via Icethetics

EAL99t1W4AYrLiV?format=jpg&name=small

The Buffalo gold is.. lame? gross? Idk. I wouldn't buy it.

And the Ducks jersey is just the old orange alt with the Mighty logo, which was and is still very popular among the fanbase. Smart move, but again, already owned by many. Is this the push for it to become full-time? Hard to say, but I like it. Even made the collar somewhat tolerable. (Can't tell if the "Anaheim" is still on the collar or not.)

I like the orange jersey coming back (and can't wait to pick one up); I like how the sleeve stripes have been adjusted upwards, and it looks like Anaheim is off the collar...but might be a hanger effect (?)

The Sabres jersey is nice but completely out of left field. No front number (yet) is definitely a plus. 

11 minutes ago, Fitzy0220 said:

LETS GO SOCKEYES or GO SOCKEYES GO just doesn't flow well imo

GO SOCKS GO!

easy peasy

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

GO SOCKS GO!

easy peasy

Agree but CreamSoda has a point when he said he wouldn't want it to turn into the Socks because of the Red Sox comparison 

Just now, Fitzy0220 said:

Agree but CreamSoda has a point when he said he wouldn't want it to turn into the Socks because of the Red Sox comparison 

Eh, it's one of those things. Sockeyes is a great name, but shortening it to "Socks" as a fan nickname seems like a foregone conclusion.