NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

Should've stuck with the Gretzky set. Was the collar a but goofy on the Reebok set? Sure but it was gonna get better on the Adidas. It's funny how the team just when back to a dumpster fire once they reintroduced navy. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Man, that’s awful.

Just a few short seasons ago, the Oilers had a near-perfect set. Why the hell did they have to go screw things up?

I agree. The royal blues are so beautiful. Even their former orange alternate. Why replaced it with a almost neon orange jersey gives me eyesore? Why bring the navy back?? 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

I’ll ignore the colours for now just to point out that it seems no NHL team has a clue about what to do with stripes anymore. Every new design in the last few years has featured the absolute laziest jersey template possible. 

Unless a team has some iconic throwback they wanna bust out, the only new looks we’re gonna see for a while are these half-baked non-creations. 

1 minute ago, Prince Harry said:

I’ll ignore the colours for now just to point out that it seems no NHL team has a clue about what to do with stripes anymore. Every new design in the last few years has featured the absolute laziest jersey template possible. 

Unless a team has some iconic throwback they wanna bust out, the only new looks we’re gonna see for a while are these half-baked non-creations. 

jan-31-2012-san-jose-ca-usa-san-jose-sha

The last one I recall.

I'd say the Dallas Stars, but their numbers suck since its not outlined.

24 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Oh right, I forgot 3rd jerseys were exempt from critical discussion on these boards. ;) 

No they're not, obviously.. its just that the reaction is a little over the top for me, considering its a third.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

No they're not, obviously.. its just that the reaction is a little over the top for me, considering its a third.

I don’t get “but it’s a third” is an appropriate response to a jersey that has no redeemable property to it. It doesn’t look appealing, it has no contrast will be incredibly hard to watch. It’s just a :censored:ty design plain and simple

31 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t get “but it’s a third” is an appropriate response to a jersey that has no redeemable property to it. It doesn’t look appealing, it has no contrast will be incredibly hard to watch. It’s just a :censored:ty design plain and simple

Its not that :censored:ty. The buffalo's cape third, islanders grey yoke third and black and white NY third, the kings' burger king third - those are :censored:ty.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

27 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Its not that :censored:ty. The buffalo's cape third, islanders grey yoke third and black and white NY third, the kings' burger king third - those are :censored:ty.

It’s still :censored:ty, has there been :censored:tier yes, but this is just under it in terms of the level of :censored: we’ve been exposed to

19 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

Can you give an example of a jersey template that is “full-baked” and/or an “actual creation?”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Never understood the Fascination with dark drab colors. The Oilers righted a wrong in my opinion when they brought back the Gretzky era Royal Blue / Orange uniforms, only to then F it up by going back to Navy (which in some instances comes off looking like Black...Police Officers uniform, US Navy Dress Blues). It's 2019 we now live in a world where games are broadcast in HD and we watch at home on our HDTVs. Royal Blue and Orange POP on my HDTV screen, Navy does not! 

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Can you give an example of a jersey template that is “full-baked” and/or an “actual creation?”

I would say anything that deviates from the Stadium Series style minimalism of recent years. The new trend seems to be random striping with no connection to the team’s uniform history with colours that don’t contrast well. 

As for stuff I liked from the Reebok era, Nashville’s third jersey from a few years ago with the sublimated checker pattern is a good example. Minnesota’s forest green third with the script. Buffalo’s 40th anniversary jersey. Even some of the winter classic fauxbacks were really interesting like the Leafs/Wings in 2014. 

Not everything was good under Reebok obviously but there were instances where I was quite impressed. Under Reebok, teams went from having too much piping to an over reliance on roundels and vintage white, so it wasn’t all good. The Winter Classic kits are about the only thing that still piques my interest under Adidas. 

I guess what I’m referring to with half baked is that we’ll see teams like New Jersey, Toronto, San Jose, and formerly Carolina update their set by toning down the hem stripes or just flat out removing them.

And then we’ll see Carolina deliver a jersey with no contrast and dark grey shoulders for some reason. And then Pens and Flyers trot out something dark and drab for the Stadium series and the Oilers go and follow their lead. The Flyers have done it a few times now where I have no idea what they’re trying to accomplish with their alternate and/or outdoor jersey. 

LA went back to a mediocre anniversary kit for their third and the Sharks had an actual novel idea for their alternate yet they made it way too dark and ignored hem stripes yet again. Tampa continues to go backwards with their new uniforms. Washington and Calgary still hold onto their Edge templates and merely compromise with throwbacks that we’ve already been seeing for years. 

Archived