NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least in those pictures on the hem the black bleeds into the darker red making it look thicker and throws the balance off with the other black stripes. I’m surprised they’re that thin but whatever. 

I like how they brought back the red numbers. 

Calling it an abomination is a bit much. It’s not the worst, could have been better for sure. It’s still a clean traditional hockey jersey. 

Um, yeah, not a fan. @Cosmic said it best in that it FEELS like an alt. jersey. Nicknames of team nicknames should be reserved for alt jerseys. It also feels a bit too red dominant for my liking.

ECapmM0WwAEY61L?format=jpg&name=4096x409

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I like the color balance, for lack of a better way to describe it. The striping makes it instantly recognizable as the Hurricanes. The recolor of the logo for the helmet decal is pretty slick. I don’t like the nickname ‘Canes’ being the script. 

It looks clean and is a fairly restrained design without being dull and is an upgrade over what it’s replacing. Good change, if I were still in my jersey collecting heyday I’d pick one up. 

On a second look, I really like how there’s no shoulder yoke or yoke outline. The logo there really pops being on a white field. 

7 minutes ago, kimball said:

Um, yeah, not a fan. @Cosmic said it best in that it FEELS like an alt. jersey. Nicknames of team nicknames should be reserved for alt jerseys. It also feels a bit too red dominant for my liking.

For me, it feels like a bootleg. I don't get why anybody would like this.

23 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Now THAT, is trash. 

The most frustrating thing is that it's actually a nice jersey that's a HUGE improvement over their old road jersey. But then they had to completely ruin it by adding the wordmark making themselves look like the Redneck Rangers. 

REDNECK RANGERS!!!!!!

I'm never not calling them that. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

REDNECK RANGERS!!!!!!

I'm never not calling them that. 

We already have a redneck Rangers, they just play sports outdoors (for now). Texas ruined this joke the way they ruin everything.

18 hours ago, M4One said:

Aaron Dell's new pads.  I'm surprised customizing pads like this haven't really caught on considering Kelly Hrudey did this way back in 96-98.  Not totally sure what year that picture is from.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Probably too expensive when you could be traded at any time. Also most goalies go with white dominant pads because they believe players have a harder timer swing them.

14 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

would have been interesting to see what it would have looked like with Hurricanes across the front instead of Canes.  I think more letters looks better for the diagonal word shtick

They still would have looked like bootleg Rangers.

20 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

That C won’t be visible to anyone without their face a foot away from it.

and I agree with @Red Wolf this legit looks like a knockoff bootleg

This isn't 1989. It's 2019. Everything is in HD, 4K. Arenas have huge replay boards. The "C" will be visible.

Archived