NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. The butchered stick from the modified Stick in Rink, the Agency font and worst of all, the Corporate Orca are all being kept. Typical Canucks organization.

At least the Whitecaps are heading in the right direction with their brand among Vancouver teams.

Well, if you take your own bias out of the equation, it's a decent application of the current assets they have. It could have been a lot worse, and like I said, I actually like it. Less is more. 

And I wouldnd't say they butchered the stick. I mean, how can you butcher the outline of a hockey stick? Get it slightly wrong? Okay, whatever. They're not recreating the stick and rink logo; they're making a 50th anniversary logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

18 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Well, I think we can safely say the Orca is finally losing the arched-script.  

Safely say you reckon? I don't know how safe it is. I hope you're right and I could see it being the case, but that seems like a bold assumption.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

It’s fine. It could be worse. Could be a lot better. I do think the 5 looks a little awkward and the thing as a whole looks a little disjointed.

I am disappointed this basically confirms the orca is staying, but hopefully it at least spells the end for the script.

I dunno. That seems like an inelegant, unnatural way to use the negative space. The 50 should be the primary thing you read, but your eyes go straight to that stick-shaped gash.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If they wanted to force the stick into it, couldn't they have tried to work it into the zero considering the shape of the stick in the rink logo? Have the negative space inside of the zero be stick blade shaped.

Like the Ducks 20th and 25th anniversary logo, this logo ignores a large portion of the team's history where they looked nothing like they did today. At least the Canucks one is all white so it can be transferred to different coloured applications fairly well, but I do feel like this logo is so entrenched in the current look that it doesn't really represent the franchise fully. A team like the Canadiens or Red Wings or Flyers can because they've looked relatively the same over their entire history, but I don't think the Canucks really can.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

If they wanted to force the stick into it, couldn't they have tried to work it into the zero considering the shape of the stick in the rink logo? Have the negative space inside of the zero be stick blade shaped.

Like the Ducks 20th and 25th anniversary logo, this logo ignores a large portion of the team's history where they looked nothing like they did today. At least the Canucks one is all white so it can be transferred to different coloured applications fairly well, but I do feel like this logo is so entrenched in the current look that it doesn't really represent the franchise fully. A team like the Canadiens or Red Wings or Flyers can because they've looked relatively the same over their entire history, but I don't think the Canucks really can.

This would have made a lot of sense. Unfortunately, the Canucks as organization have rarely made any sense - especially ownership.

The Jets all wore Doan's name and number (current design) for warmups tonight because they're in Phoenix for his number retirement. That's a pretty magnanimous gesture considering that Doan said he would sooner retire than play for a Winnipeg team when it was the Coyotes that True North was set to buy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Canucks Celebrate 50th Anniversary With Commemorative Logo

February 25, 2019 - 19:50 PM

The Vancouver Canucks have unveiled their commemorative logo which will be used during their 50th anniversary celebrations next year. The Canucks joined the National Hockey League alongside the Buffalo Sabres, playing their first game in the fall of 1970. The […]

Read More...

Archived