BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

16 hours ago, M4One said:

Since the 50th patch for the Sabres on the anniversary jersey was on the chest, I was thinking that the Sabres would finally get rid of the TV numbers on the primaries.  I shouldn't be all that surprised that they are not, though.  Even the Sharks replaced them with their 25th anniversary patch.

And, all patches should go on the chest for all teams, with the exception of the Rangers and Red Wings.

There is no 50th path on the anniversary jersey and there won't be. 

3 hours ago, ebod39 said:

There is no 50th path on the anniversary jersey and there won't be. 

You are right.  I must have remembered wrong.  I knew the chest numbers were gone so I automatically assumed they were being replaced with the anniversary patch.  Why wouldn't they put it on, though?

1 minute ago, ebod39 said:

It's the 50th Anniversary jersey, so putting a patch on it is redundant. 

Is this something you know for sure or just your opinion.  I can see your point, but I still think they should put it on.  Both the Flyers and Kings had the anniversary patch on their anniversary jerseys.  And, we are talking about the Sabres, a team that had their primary logo on the shoulders for a long time up until they switched colours.

There was no patch in the unveil video so my hunch is that it won't be on come the season opener either.

We shall see.

For the first time in Flyers history (and the last NHL team to do it), they'll have one logo at center ice instead of the usual two

ED8fo2lXkAEQxpW?format=jpg&name=small

CDR8gkQWAAAQ3EE?format=jpg&name=large

The Flyers, Wings, and Blues should never have their logos bisected at center ice. They're too uneven.

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Flyers, Wings, and Blues should never have their logos bisected at center ice. They're too uneven.

I'll add the Maple Leafs to that. Just my personal preference, but I always preferred the double logo look for them.

Of course my ultimate preference would be this design....

p6hGzJV.png

...but I don't know if that's possible given league regulations.

No point for the Sabres to remove front number this year, given that theyve already said that new jerseys are coming next season.

30 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

No point for the Sabres to remove front number this year, given that theyve already said that new jerseys are coming next season

And then they put them on the new jerseys 

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Tend to agree

9 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

For the first time in Flyers history (and the last NHL team to do it), they'll have one logo at center ice instead of the usual two

CDR8gkQWAAAQ3EE?format=jpg&name=large

I was just going to post this same picture. I prefer the single large logo. I believe the Flyers and Canadiens were the last 2 teams to have the 2 small logos, with Montreal changing last year.

I didn't like it when Montreal switched to one logo in center, but it at least is symmetrical enough that it's grown on me.

But I am not a fan of the Flyers ditching the double logo. Not only do I think it looks worse, but the double logo could have been the Flyers "thing" since they have had it since the beginning and were the only team to still use it.

I think I almost like the double logos more.

This is probably my favourite centre ice.

Xrk6jUi.png

I do think the current Ducks logo could also join @the admiral's grouping with the Flyers, Wings and Blues.

17 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

spacer.png

Dear Flyers and Canadiens, could you go back to double logo on ice please?

Unpopular option: Every single logo or double logo don't bother me.

giphy.gif

I like when teams get a little creative with the center ice logo. Vegas has the idea. Flyers could do almost a zoom on the round part of the logo so it’s a black circle with the orange/white center 

It's not the first time in flyers history.

NO7BFGB.png

But it's a shame, a real shame, had a bad feeling when the Canadiens ditched their double logo last year the flyers may get the stupid idea to do it.

I like some single and double logo's and it is always nice to have variety. And it just suited the flyers the double logo.

21 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

And then they put them on the new jerseys 

I’ll blame you if they do that. 

Also to add more to the Flyers single logo, it reminds me of those mid 90s nhl games that for some reason got the Flyers logo wrong and just put one logo like how it is now.