NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/5/2019 at 10:11 AM, philly97flyer said:

Couple of hints in here about possible 80’s throwbacks for the Flyers. She mentions a “darker orange”, which is the color that appears on the tv screen behind her for most of the video.

Edit: The game is against LA, who could easily wear their white heritage jersey.

S A WEET!  Being born / raised in Western Pa and a Pens fan, I know I'm supposed to hate all things Flyers but I LOVED their 80s uniforms
Flyers15.png

On 9/6/2019 at 8:26 PM, M4One said:

Since the 50th patch for the Sabres on the anniversary jersey was on the chest, I was thinking that the Sabres would finally get rid of the TV numbers on the primaries.  I shouldn't be all that surprised that they are not, though.  Even the Sharks replaced them with their 25th anniversary patch.

And, all patches should go on the chest for all teams, with the exception of the Rangers and Red Wings.

Fully Agreed

11 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

Just awful. The recoloured logo is a eyesore and the striping is way too thin.

Hey Oilers, can you go back to Gretzky-era uniforms now please?  

Was that the Icon jersey or the Statement jersey?  Wait, maybe it eas the Earned jersey?  Or was it Legends or Leaders?  Wait, Players Weekend?  It's so confusing...

The Oilers alternate isn't the worst, but they definitely could have something better. I feel like they will use it for a year or 2 and then move to something else.

The Flyers jerseys posted above are perfect and way better than than their current jerseys.

I don't mind the Oilers' thirds. Not every alternate look has to overshadow the primary, and the minimalist look is much better than something over-the-top. I have a feeling the front office knows that if they had released a navy recolour of their main look, the fanbase would be screaming for a change. They seem to be set on keeping the orange for the time being.

They definitely give off vibes of these Bears' alternates:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

We'll have to see what happens next (20-21) season for the Flames now that the whites are in the rotation. I definitely see the Flames wearing the whites other times this season, especially with it being the 40th anniversary, and maybe now they start to make the switch.

hoping they were them against the canucks, with the blacks

Calgary Flames Reveal 2019 Heritage Classic Uniform

September 13, 2019 - 16:37 PM

The Calgary Flames have been on a retro kick recently, bringing back their old road red uniforms as their de facto regular home look for both the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs and now into the upcoming 2019-20 regular season. This […]

Read More...

She's a beaut! I've been waiting for this since they first revealed the red retro sweater, hoping that they would follow in the Flyers' footsteps and just switch over to it.

While I've long been an advocate for the Flames using subtle black trim to separate yellow and white, I'm starting to see that it isn't really necessary when the uniforms look this fantastic.

The thing with these compared to the red throwback they wore this past season is balance with the striking. If they used this as the base and just flipped the outer ride and gold stripes and colored accordingly it would look so much better. 

That would make for a great home and road set 

5 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Trying to remember...was it the LA Kings that were the last team to put a logo at center ice? I seem to remember even well into the 90's there was nothing there, though I'm pretty sure they had something there in the 80's for a brief period of time and then went away from it

Correct. The 1995-96 season was the last season with no team logo at center ice for the Kings.

https://centerice.thefaceoff.net/search/label/NHL+1996?max-results=100

https://centerice.thefaceoff.net/search/label/NHL+1997?max-results=100

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived