NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DEAD! said:

For me, the stick would have looked better on the '5' horizontally. 

5 hours ago, Bayne said:

Show me how

Like so?

P4LfKWz.png

Or...

OKbto91.png

M6nDU7W.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

*cue screeching about southern markets getting outdoor games*

What have they done to warrant being showcased? Shoot a lot of shots, clap their hands, and finish 9th every year?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2nd one is best I agree. Though I think not keeping the handle of the stick at a right angle takes away from the connection it has with the original logo. But I still like it better than what they went with.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:22 PM, Bayne said:

It's nice and simple and JUST obvious enough that it's a hockey stick in the negative space.

Thank god its not some contrived bastardisation (Ducks' 25th, anything Ottawa has done recently, Florida's patch etc) of some existing logo. I was fearing that it would look like something awkward ala the Johnny Canuck V head logo.

Image result for canucks 50 season

Not very happy to see that agency font stick around. Its obvious theyre simply dropping the script and going back to the same 70's uniform template. Id like to see a college type font for the numbers, a stripe pattern based on their original uniforms, or closer to their WHL uniforms. They need refinement.

7 hours ago, uniformity said:

Not very happy to see that agency font stick around. Its obvious theyre simply dropping the script and going back to the same 70's uniform template. Id like to see a college type font for the numbers, a stripe pattern based on their original uniforms, or closer to their WHL uniforms. They need refinement.

The Canucks ownership is clueless and inept. An ownership that "gets it" would have a primary brand that looks like this:

6a5726e4b2c252db481cb69c065e8219.jpg_cf.jpg.0ba2a53ab3b439f1fc3bfc576fb75843.jpgVLLkXHd.png_cf.png.60b91fbfddc36d6f73b93e640a22d720.png

On 2/24/2019 at 12:35 PM, VancouverFan69 said:

This would have made a lot of sense. Unfortunately, the Canucks as organization have rarely made any sense - especially ownership.

Eh, I'd be happy to do away with the Stick-in-Rink forever. It would be better to use a different, updated 2D Centurion-style lumberjack logo (portrait with neutral expression) in front of a simple backing shape, paired with the Millionaires' "V" logo on the shoulders (because they won a cup, unlike the Stick-in-Rink Canucks). A cleaned-up flying skate, like the one illustrated by @vtgco would also work well in this scenario.

new_skate_display.png

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Eh, I'd be happy to do away with the Stick-in-Rink forever. It would be better to use a different, updated 2D Centurion-style lumberjack logo (portrait with neutral expression) in front of a simple backing shape, paired with the Millionaires' "V" logo on the shoulders (because they won a cup, unlike the Stick-in-Rink Canucks). A cleaned-up flying skate, like the one illustrated by @vtgco would also work well in this scenario.

new_skate_display.png

The fanbase will argue until the end of time about the appropriate logo but one thing for sure is that its pretty much universally agreed upon the blue and green should stay. 

3 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

And drop the name "Canucks" and go with "Vancouver Orcas" - "LET'S GO ORCAS!" Clap, clap! "LET'S GO ORCAS!!" Clap, clap!

Lol always so bitter.

The Orca is a nice logo. It's not top 10 in the league, but that's ok. Drop the script, fix that ugly collar (and maybe update the striping so something fresh) and it's a solid jersey.

That johnny canuck in the circle logo is not working for me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived