NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

53 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

"CANES" is still bad. "Carolina" would have been better and they could have still used the warning flag C.

That's what gets me. I'd be all for this set if they had done that. CANES just looks bad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

After getting a first look at the new "Canes" road white in full on the ice, first thing I thought is that now they look like the Red Wings more than ever...

EEs2MysXsAEVCKo?format=jpg&name=large

At least their old ones helped tell them apart, despite also being predominantly red.

Some black pants would go a long way here, methinks.

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Uhhh...

cut.png

"CANES" is still bad. "Carolina" would have been better and they could have still used the warning flag C.

Using their actual primary logo which does not appear anywhere on the jersey would have been better.  Making the home/away match would have been best.

3 hours ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

Eh, I don't really see "Red Wings" in that look so much. It's more "classic hockey aesthetic" then it is "Wings-lite". The striping on the hem and arms is different between them; Detroit's whites have all red arms with white stripes, not completely white arms and red stripes with a black outline like the Canes jersey.

Up close, there are differences.

From a certain distance, the arms are different, but the hem stripes, shorts, socks, and numbers I just see Detroit Red Wings. If the Red Wings ever brought back their classic retro, the arms would look the same too.

I do like that they brought back the warning stripe on both jerseys. But tbh, there's several things I'm not a fan of. It's like I want to give it a good grade but I can't.

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

That's what gets me. I'd be all for this set if they had done that. CANES just looks bad.

“CANES” doesn’t look as bad as it manages to fall nearly into a Venn diagram with self-aggrandizement, gimmick, and self-parody IMO.

That said, I’d actually have nothing against it if it said “CAROLINA” instead, as it fits with the “neo-retro-ish” feel that the Hurricanes are aiming for (black sweater notwithstanding).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

3 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

“CANES” doesn’t look as bad as it manages to fall nearly into a Venn diagram with self-aggrandizement, gimmick, and self-parody IMO.

There's some people out there disappointed it didn't say "JERKS" and I don't know if they are all entirely kidding.

IbjBaeE.png

The yellow seats were unique and a welcome holdover from the Boston Garden, which Delaware North had been trying to evoke by calling the renamed FleetCenter one corporate form of "Garden" or another. Terrible move, I hate how every arena is basically the same except for the Saddledome, the Nassau Coliseum, and the Barclays Center, and the last one is bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

There's some people out there disappointed it didn't say "JERKS" and I don't know if they are all entirely kidding.

hey hey 

ho ho

this meme has got to go

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, the admiral said:

hey hey 

ho ho

this meme has got to go

If it mocks the ancient dinosaur in the gaudy suits, it’s worth overdoing. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 hours ago, M4One said:

As good as the original set for the Sharks are, they've done them already, though it's been a few years.  I'd actually like them to throwback to this set, complete with the shiny material.

spacer.png

They can fix that collar too. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, hawkfan89 said:

I just want them to name the team shop the "Jerk Store."

Now I really want to open a gas station with that name that specializes in the selling of beef jerky and adult magazines. 

Back on topic; I really like the Blues' decision to bring back those 90s jerseys. Although I prefer the white iteration, as the blue ones have just a bit too much red, it's a welcome throwback for only three games a year. It will be neat to see the current roster wear those gnarly numbers. 

Archived