NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, selby56 said:

Whalers uniform makes an appearance for one game this season.

Still not quite sure why they would wear them vs LA when wearing them vs. Boston or Vancouver would make far more sense (and I'm not even thinking about whalers vs orca)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Still not quite sure why they would wear them vs LA when wearing them vs. Boston or Vancouver would make far more sense (and I'm not even thinking about whalers vs orca)

Against Vancouver would be great.  Battle of the blue and green!  

Anyway, will look for ward to seeing those Whalers throwbacks on Jan 11.  About the only time I will actually make an effort to see a bit of a Hurricanes game.

The Hurricanes wore red on the road a bunch of times last year because Subprime Tom didn't like the road uniforms. Now it'll only be worn in 29% of their games. I guess they're not as good at choreographing their uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, WSU151 said:

LA has those white 90s throwbacks. That would make a fitting matchup. Vancouver would only really make sense if they got permission to wear the black skates.

24 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

They could though.

They're on a 5-game road trip when they play at Carolina.  They may not want to haul the extra set of uniforms around with them for the whole trip.  Of course if they wanted to wear the throwbacks for the whole road trip I don't think too many people would object.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:44 PM, Cosmic said:

I've been thinking maybe the CANES jersey is a sign of things to come. The NHL/Adidas have shown us that the white jerseys don't sell well. They had a big, splashy reveal for the Adidas home jerseys. For the road whites? Eh, you know... whenever you get around to it. 

We're in season three of Adidas and I still haven't seen a white Florida Panthers jersey for sale anywhere.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

We're in season three of Adidas and I still haven't seen a white Florida Panthers jersey for sale anywhere.

Online, or in person?

https://shop.nhl.com/florida-panthers/mens-florida-panthers-fanatics-branded-white-breakaway-away-jersey/t-31973924+p-6808529356457+z-9-1951255265

Or you might be looking for the adidas version...in which case, yeah, nothing lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:26 PM, selby56 said:

Whalers uniform makes an appearance for one game this season.

4 different uniforms. 4 different crests.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:18 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

I can't believe they've been using that garbage for over 10 years now.

Plus it will be forever known as their Cup winning logo.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Or you might be looking for the adidas version...in which case, yeah, nothing lol

Bingo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Online, or in person?

https://shop.nhl.com/florida-panthers/mens-florida-panthers-fanatics-branded-white-breakaway-away-jersey/t-31973924+p-6808529356457+z-9-1951255265

So disappointed in the Fanatics replicas - they are honestly about as embarrassing looking as the Chinese knockoffs from a few years back. Wore my brand new Fanatics home jersey to a game last year, and my dad sees someone with the proper Adidas version and turns to me and says “How come yours looks like :censored:?”. Thanks Dad. But I couldn’t argue with him. 

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't hate the Hurricanes logo. I don't love it, but I don't think its the hot garbage many on here make it out to be. I think with a little cleaning up/modification it can make a perfectly fine NHL logo.

Ive never had a problem with it and always felt people :censored: on it somewhat unfairly.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

While we're on CanesTalk (patent pending), I'm not the biggest fan of the new flag logo. I think it's too tall and too thin (and maybe too bare).

Carolina Hurricanes (2019 - Pres)

I know it's an inaccurate flag, but I prefer the older flag logo. It's more balanced and has the triangle behind to add another element so it's not just an unbalanced flag.

37.gif

IbjBaeE.png

Neither are strong logos imo, the original flag was fine as a shoulder patch. People are losing the plot thinking that they're suitable jersey crests, especially the double flag logo - that thing should never have come close to being a main jersey logo. Utter shyte.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived