BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

Did some scrounging on line (obviously not my logos).

 

This could be a workable Hurricanes alt logo

 

carolina_hurricanes_johnny_vongriz.png

 

I'm in the "I don't think the current logo is bad or needs to be changed" camp too. But if they were to change the main logo would side view work, something along the lines of these... (obviously without the extra crap, just using these as examples of sideview storms). 

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBy0-tfaoXtkdgrwqImTJ jaimy.jpgwlmfu1fa53bzilht6fle.gif7556_guelph_storm-jersey-2001.png2535.gif

 

Or should the Hurricanes remain semi-unique and use the topview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Did some scrounging on line (obviously not my logos).

 

This could be a workable Hurricanes alt logo

 

carolina_hurricanes_johnny_vongriz.png

 

 

I just see "HO" or "HOE"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top view? The logo has no clear perspective, thats what makes it decent imo. Its symmetrical, yes, but youre looking up at the puck from underneath it. Its a nice somewhat abstract take on a hurricane. I really do think its a fine logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Top view? The logo has no clear perspective, thats what makes it decent imo. Its symmetrical, yes, but youre looking up at the puck from underneath it. Its a nice somewhat abstract take on a hurricane. I really do think its a fine logo.

 

I always assumed we were looking at a hurricane from above it, like on a weather map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lethbridge has never really had a great logo either, so maybe Hurricanes is something that can't really be represented well on a logo. One the logos is just Taz and another is HurrJcanes, which always makes me laugh to remember how bad that logo idea was combined with the fact the Capitals told them to stop.

 

1818.gif

4smwruhi3fi2egww2oe2cp1bc.gif

dnhe6w9cu2n5byfiv6hea8nmh.gif

k7fq474bkdsflgmest6xw1n2m.gif

rqan6ime45gexog7ss9bwx12e.gif

44020632014.gif

 

The current logo isn't a bad idea, but I think it looks like a tail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A local high school here in Florida incorporates a C into a hurrican like shape.  Not saying Carolina should take this exactly but it could be a starting point.

 

CITRUS-HS-HURRICANES.jpg?x44063

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

A local high school here in Florida incorporates a C into a hurrican like shape.  Not saying Carolina should take this exactly but it could be a starting point.

 

CITRUS-HS-HURRICANES.jpg?x44063

 

 

Umm, that is very very similar to the Canes current logo.   Two Cs forming a hurricane..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 4:36 PM, Chromatic said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't hate the Hurricanes logo. I don't love it, but I don't think its the hot garbage many on here make it out to be. I think with a little cleaning up/modification it can make a perfectly fine NHL logo.

 

Same here. I think it's fine and I don't really see anything much wrong with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

 

 

Twice on the road vs Calgary and Vancouver. Perhaps we see the Flames Heritage Classic and the Skate vs the Mighty Duck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE that Stars logo. I'm just now terrified the sweaters will feature red instead of green now.

 

Call it Mooterus PTSD if you must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

I LOVE that Stars logo. I'm just now terrified the sweaters will feature red instead of green now.

 

Call it Mooterus PTSD if you must.

 

If it features red, I think it might feature blue too, if they want to go with some Texas state colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

If it features red, I think it might feature blue too, if they want to go with some Texas state colors.

 

Winter Classic jerseys don't stray too far from team colors though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

 

If it features red, I think it might feature blue too, if they want to go with some Texas state colors.

 

As WSU151 pointed out, the jerseys aren't likely to be anything but team colours.  Calgary's 2011 Heritage Classic jersey was based on the Calgary Tigers, who's colours were black and yellow, with the Flames recoloring it in red and yellow.

 

That being said, it doesn't stop Dallas from bucking the trend if they want to show off some Texas pride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy that the Stars went the Texans route. 

Now let's hope Nashville has the same sense and goes with the Dixie Flyers for inspiration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.