BJ Sands

NHL changes 2019-20

I know Winter Classic jerseys have been far more traditional than Stadium series jerseys, and it's only a t-shirt, but why do I have a bad feeling that Dallas could end up with something similar to the Oilers new third and Pittsburgh/Philadelphia stadium jersey from last year.

22 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Happy that the Stars went the Texans route. 

Now let's hope Nashville has the same sense and goes with the Dixie Flyers for inspiration. 

The colors are already there...

nashville-dixie-flyers-37e96423-a37d-470

There are several different ways they can create a really awesome Predators Dixie Flyers tribute jersey.

It needs a good solid execution. But I think this could be a script uniform that has potential.

42 minutes ago, randyc said:

I'm neither overwhelmed or underwhelmed. It's not a terrible fauxback look, I'm just really hoping that go heavy on Dixie Flyers inspiration, instead of trying to trump up a non-existent "classic" look.

I like it. They refer to it as the shoulder patch, so a Dixie Flyers inspired look seems likely.

2 hours ago, randyc said:

I'm not a fan, but it's nice that the guy who designed this is getting some repeat work:

rrvsp8d76j6gj43jd7zwee7y6.gif

Also, why isn't the background between the tooth and tongue yellow?

2 hours ago, randyc said:

Love it. Make it the primary now. So much better than the robo-tiger. 

20 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Looks like the Dixie Flyers script.

Reminiscent, yes. On a side-by-side, they're obviously different, but that script pretty much confirms a Dixie Flyers-inspired fauxback is what they're going for.

Not gonna lie, that's actually really nice-looking. I figured they'd probably do a fauxback-styled Smilodon logo should they go for a Dixie Flyers-inspired look for the WC, and this one absolutely nails that vintage aesthetic. If the Preds were a O6 or Expansion-era team, I would absolutely see them coming up with something like this for their logo.

The script on the hat basically confirms that the WC jersey itself is going to be a Dixie Flyers homage.

I really like the Preds logo. It has that vintage Midwest high school feel to it, while still looking like a good base for an update to their current. 

Im guessing it will be forward facing on each shoulder, seeing as how they have shown it facing left and right. 

To be honest, I did not think of the old Bruins logo. I can see how others are connecting the two but it’s not popping out as something obvious to me. Perhaps it was used as inspiration?  Reminds me more of Battle Cat from He-Man. 

spacer.png

They're throwing back to before the sabre-toothed tiger was extinct, very nice.

To be honest, I'm really looking foward to both teams heritage jersey-inspired unveilings.

From what I've seen thus far from both Dallas and Nashville, I love it all!

Here's another picture:

EFpt4Z_WsAARPiK?format=jpg

It's a better logo than anything else they've worn. 

6 hours ago, _RH_ said:

Also, why isn't the background between the tooth and tongue yellow?

It's trying to mimic that old-timey design where the logo was entirely one piece of felt casually stitched onto a sweater and likely had variations from jersey to jersey.

The logo has also been shown backwards from the original tweet by the Preds. It was also backwards on the hat shown above. 

On 9/25/2019 at 7:30 PM, Sodboy13 said:

We're in season three of Adidas and I still haven't seen a white Florida Panthers jersey for sale anywhere.

I'm a bit late to this, but I've just spotted it on the NHL International shop. Don't know if the link will work or if you can even import it, but for some reason it's on sale for £98 (down from the normal price of £155) unlike the red version.