NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The logo has also been shown backwards from the original tweet by the Preds. It was also backwards on the hat shown above. 

That's what i was referring to, which makes me believe it will be forward facing on each shoulder.  

Nashville Predators Faux It Back for 2020 Winter Classic Logo

September 30, 2019 - 15:26 PM

The Nashville Predators have unveiled the logo their team will use when they face the Dallas Stars outdoors at the 2020 Winter Classic three months from now. To be worn as a shoulder patch, the logo is a fauxback-styled version […]

Read More...

17 hours ago, B-mer said:

Im guessing it will be forward facing on each shoulder, seeing as how they have shown it facing left and right. 

They could always do the one shoulder look (which I hate), but I'm really hoping the fact that we've already seen it facing both ways means you're right.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

That's what i was referring to, which makes me believe it will be forward facing on each shoulder.  

Don't forget about Winter Classic patch. It would be nice if they move it onto sleeve like Maple Leafs had on Stadium Series jersey, but I assume they might end up like Sabres I mean right shoulder with WC patch and left with fauxbacks logo.

4r2eer.png

Is it weird that I think the Nashville logo looks better facing the same direction as their current primary?  And, if that is only the shoulder logo, then I guess it's pretty much all but confirmed that the front will be a script.  

And, all patches should go on the front.  I hate teams putting the patches on the shoulder.

6 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I would make one slight tweak to the Preds logo.  Fill in the side of the mouth to be yellow.

b6wWE7G.png

Looks better, IMO, but I get the feeling that not filling it is was a deliberate decision as part of the fauxback approach. A 50 to 70-year old patch would likely have been a general shape, with the head outlined, as seen.

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Don't forget about Winter Classic patch. It would be nice if they move it onto sleeve like Maple Leafs had on Stadium Series jersey, but I assume they might end up like Sabres I mean right shoulder with WC patch and left with fauxbacks logo.

Crap...that's a good point. Oh well, I'll just call a Preds jersey with both shoulders patched a win.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Nice logo. Would be in favour of it replacing the current logo which ive always thought looked cheap and plastic. This one looks more like a traditional design, more authentic and has some interesting, slightly oddball aesthetic qualities which I like.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Apparently the Knights third jersey has been delayed.

Later in the thread (or rather, in their interview with Foley) they cited the main issue as being with the fabric. That and Foley dodging questions about colours seems to suggest a gold jersey is coming. 

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

With Vegas's alternate delayed, the Bruins' alt leaked but not officially, and the Wild/Rangers alts potentially scratched...we're just waiting on the Panthers' alternate, correct? Plus the WC and Stadium Series stuff. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

With Vegas's alternate delayed, the Bruins' alt leaked but not officially, and the Wild/Rangers alts potentially scratched...we're just waiting on the Panthers' alternate, correct? Plus the WC and Stadium Series stuff. 

I like what Nashville went with for the fauxback logo. There's a few issues with the perspective of the teeth (the back fang should protrude on the right side of the front fang), but overall it really fits the old school aesthetic. It reminds me a bit of the Hamilton Tigers.

56 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Preds logo would look better if navy and gold were reversed.

1. Original

2. Navy and gold switched

3. Navy and gold switched + eye, nose, and mouth filled

spacer.png spacer.png  spacer.png

I was thinking the same thing about the Hamilton Tigers, which is funny, because the Perds would have wound up in Hamilton in 2007 had Bettman and Jacobs not thrown a bitchfit about "ticket drives without permission."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If that is a shoulder patch,so then what's the crest? Now I get it, it's must a "Predators" script! Many rumours of a Dixie Flyers-inspired jersey seems true. Much sense of honouring the city's former minor team, the Dixie Flyers.

Also, I loved Dallas's Texans-inspired logo. It's very Western.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I was thinking the same thing about the Hamilton Tigers, which is funny, because the Perds would have wound up in Hamilton in 2007 had Bettman and Jacobs not thrown a bitchfit about "ticket drives without permission."

but vegas and seattle got to do it, and they were fine

Archived