NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

10 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Vancouver is playing their home opener tonight and had five former Canucks come out during player introductions wearing their era-specific uniform.

kCa822P.gif

Dennis Kearns, Stan Smyl, Kirk McLean, Todd Bertuzzi, and Daniel Sedin

A couple of goof-ups with Dennis Kearns' jersey; it has the blue version of the retro stick-in-rink on the front and the modern era Johnny Canuck V shoulder patch.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No official schedule from the Lightning, but driving home last night the digital billboard on I-275 had an ad for the next home game on Saturday October 19th, and it had a player in the black alt and was shown in black and white text, no blue.

I presume we'll see a mostly Saturday home game schedule with the black jerseys with a possible match with Toronto at home added to the mix, as was done in past years with the previous alternate jerseys.

Also, look at the collar on Kurtenbach's jersey. That's infinitely better than the 'polo shirt sticking out from under it' toilet seat collars we got. I'm not going to argue about the logo at all but really, if they knew they were making new jerseys why couldn't they have put something like this on.

Image result for canucks captain photos

41 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

We interrupt this Canucks thread for other news:

The Avs have changed the captains marks on their 3rd jersey to be a one-color of the H&A marks.

Landeskog is wearing two different jerseys...the C's are fairy different. Kinda weird.

Sakic's C never had the bottom curl up as much...not sure why they just didn't go back to this (though the second Landeskog jersey is closer):

Joe_sakic.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Logo Revealed for 2020 NHL Stadium Series in Colorado

October 10, 2019 - 18:12 PM

The National Hockey League today unveiled the logo for the 2020 NHL Stadium Series game to take place outdoors at Air Force Academy in Colorado on February 15, 2020, between the Los Angeles Kings and Colorado Avalanche. Due to a […]

Read More...

3 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

The C Landeskog is wearing looks like a cartoon fishhook. It’s awful.

He's wearing two different versions in those photos. The awful version looks like a miscut. 

Anyway,

Stadium Series logo unveiled:

1 hour ago, ebod39 said:

We interrupt this Canucks thread for other news:

The Avs have changed the captains marks on their 3rd jersey to be a one-color of the H&A marks.

The Avs switched to a different company for their lettering this year, so that may be why that changed.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

He's wearing two different versions in those photos. The awful version looks like a miscut. 

Anyway,

Stadium Series logo unveiled:

I don't know how I feel about the overall shape of the logo. It's a nice logo, but the shape of it just feels off to me. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Landeskog is wearing two different jerseys...the C's are fairy different. Kinda weird.

Sakic's C never had the bottom curl up as much...not sure why they just didn't go back to this (though the second Landeskog jersey is closer):

That's the same jersey and same C on both pics.  You're seeing it folded slighlty on the one pic, so it looks more tapered like a fish hook.

the photos look they were taken seconds apart as he's heading to the bench.

And yes, they have switched to Custom Crafted for on-ice customization. Who does not have the best reputation and does sloppy work. Their Bruins gamers are brutal.

Just now, bkknight95 said:

I don't know how I feel about the overall shape of the logo. It's a nice logo, but the shape of it just feels off to me. 

The NHL shield in the top left kind of throws it off.

24 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

That's the same jersey and same C on both pics.  You're seeing it folded slighlty on the one pic, so it looks more tapered like a fish hook.

I don't think that's true. There's no fold in the jersey. It's about as flat as it can be. 

Here's another look at the fishhooked version where there is no fold.

cut.jpeg

17 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

From the article, the overall shape comes from the shape of class crests designed by each graduating class. The class crest shape is because the design has to go on the side of the class ring. So basically the shape of the patch follows the same general shape of a class ring. It seams to me they could have chosen a more meaningful patch shape than the side of class ring--especially given that the Air Force has plenty of patch shapes from which to draw inspiration.

Traditions_2018_Ring.jpg

https://www.usafa.edu/about/traditions/class-rings/

https://www.jamesnancesculpture.com/usaf-academy-class-crests/

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I still contend it's the drape of the jersey causing the bottom to appear that way.  ... why would there be two different C's on the same night?   

Here's a better shot, when you enhance the photo you can clearly see the draping causing the "C" to appear to taper

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/gabriel-landeskog-of-the-colorado-avalanche-skates-against-news-photo/1179461374?adppopup=true

17 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

I still contend it's the drape of the jersey causing the bottom to appear that way.  ... why would there be two different C's on the same night?   

Here's a better shot, when you enhance the photo you can clearly see the draping causing the "C" to appear to taper

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/gabriel-landeskog-of-the-colorado-avalanche-skates-against-news-photo/1179461374?adppopup=true

You might be right, but it's not unusual to wear different jerseys during a game (switch during intermission). 

20 hours ago, charger77 said:

Could it be as simple as the Centennial O on a different jersey?

I believe season ticket holders were told the red centennial jerseys would be back this season.

All I can really hope for this season is that we get to see a 1st overall pick being given a brand new home jersey in June, whether it's the black =O= or a return to the 2D centurian, 

Archived