NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

Well, if you're going to do the Dixie Flyers throwback, you have to stay as true as you can to the front of the sweater, which is the most important part. Using a crest instead of a script takes it from an adaptation of a former team to "I dunno we saw a bunch of stuff."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Olmec said:

I would've preferred the full-body logo as the crest instead of "Nashville Predators". Such a waste of a solid fauxback. 

That'd kinda defeat what they were going for entirely, though. They're homaging the Dixie Flyers, and they didn't have a crest on the front of the jersey;

spacer.png

It'd miss the point of the throwback to add a logo onto a jersey where there was never a logo, but a wordmark. That's why the fauxback Smilodon is reserved to the shoulders and the wordmark takes up the center of the jersey.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:01 AM, jerrylawless3 said:

Haven’t seen that full-body logo on the cap before. Really like the look of it.

As a fan I'd love to see the Predators switch to these logos and unis full time. I love the winter classic sweater,shoulder logo and full body logo. Obviously the Preds won't switch to these full time but I hope they keep this winter classic jersey as an alternate. I think these are timeless and will look good forty years from now. I think the current look will be dated in ten to twenty years.

Here is how I'd like to see these logos if the Preds somehow did switch full time.

Yellow home sweater with the shoulder logo as the main logo on the front.

White road sweater- Full body logo on the front..

Winter classic as alternate.

The full body logo isn't that great IMO - on the front of a jersey it would look like the Coyotes black third from a decade ago. Just meh. It's a fine secondary logo that could appear here and there. The head logo is great though, I'd love to see that on the front of a jersey.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

7 hours ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

That'd kinda defeat what they were going for entirely, though. They're homaging the Dixie Flyers, and they didn't have a crest on the front of the jersey;

spacer.png

It'd miss the point of the throwback to add a logo onto a jersey where there was never a logo, but a wordmark. That's why the fauxback Smilodon is reserved to the shoulders and the wordmark takes up the center of the jersey.

Disagree with this point.  Should it be yellow and purple, too, then?  Considering they aren't even throwing back to a jersey in their own history, I think they can take some liberties with the fauxback.  They can use the same design, but put the shoulder logo, which perfectly fits the style, on the front, instead.  It wouldn't make sense to put their current logo on the front, though. 

15 hours ago, M4One said:

Disagree with this point.  Should it be yellow and purple, too, then?  Considering they aren't even throwing back to a jersey in their own history, I think they can take some liberties with the fauxback.  They can use the same design, but put the shoulder logo, which perfectly fits the style, on the front, instead.  It wouldn't make sense to put their current logo on the front, though. 

It really doesn't make sense to put the throwback Smilodon on the front either. Kinda ruins the homage to the Dixie Flyers. When they designed it, they certainly didn't say "We should just use the same stripes and that's it"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, M4One said:

Then they're basically just making a Florida-esque Habs knockoff, though. The jersey's entire design is an homage to the Dixie Flyers, it wouldn't look right with a logo on the front when the entire jersey was designed around not having a big-ass Smilodon head on it.

I understand the homage of the Dixie Flyers, and I agree it'd be silly to not go all the way with that tribute. Otherwise, you'rd just be the yellow-blue Canadiens or Panthers.

However, I think the vintage-inspired sabretooth head logo is pretty damn good. It's kind of a waste that it's relegated to a shoulder logo. I know its front-and-center on t-shirts and hats, but it's worthy of a primary crest position. Should the Preds make an alternate jersey going forward, I'd love to see the vintage sabretooth get play as a jersey crest and not just a shoulder patch. (Like, if/when the Preds get around to their 25th anniversary, make a jersey with that instead of bringing back the mustard/3-D sabretooth.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

However, I think the vintage-inspired sabretooth head logo is pretty damn good. It's kind of a waste that it's relegated to a shoulder logo. I know its front-and-center on t-shirts and hats, but it's worthy of a primary crest position. Should the Preds make an alternate jersey going forward, I'd love to see the vintage sabretooth get play as a jersey crest and not just a shoulder patch. (Like, if/when the Preds get around to their 25th anniversary, make a jersey with that instead of bringing back the mustard/3-D sabretooth.)

Maybe it'll be used on that 3rd they're supposedly still working on?

This seems like a jersey that will appeal to their market, and I see the throwback inpsiration, but that is a lot of white space. 

I'll give it a solid "meh"  Potential future use of the new saber-tooth logos is the only interesting thing about the whole package. 

52 minutes ago, Corvus said:

This seems like a jersey that will appeal to their market, and I see the throwback inpsiration, but that is a lot of white space. 

Don't all (or most) white jerseys have a lot of white space?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oddly enough, those aren't unique. They're a standard Brian's design. I think it's called Beast.

He isn't the first NHL player to wear them. He may not even be first Bruin. They've been available in The NHL video game for years. Though Brian's does do a lot of custom pads... I remember unique styles for Weekes and Potvin.

But those Brian's clawmark pads have been around for years with various claw mark designs.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, pepis21 said:

Great, but NHL screw that and it should be Yellow v Green matchup not White v Green.

Exactly. This should have been yellow versus green, especially since the uniform Nashville is paying tribute to is actually yellow.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 11/4/2019 at 12:16 PM, WSU151 said:

Don't all (or most) white jerseys have a lot of white space?

True. And, I have to revise my take because the first photo I saw made it look like there was no hem stripe. 

Archived