NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big fan of the Stars set. As I've said a billion times, green with retro-leathery gloves and breezers is what I always wished the North Stars would have evolved to. I had darker breezers in mind than what the Stars are doing here, but close enough.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I must be in the minority with the Stars uniform as I feel distracted by the white/breezer color/glove color.  If those were all the same color I think I'd enjoy them much more.  Also, I'm not a fan of the missing "A".  I think the Modano-era logo was superior as the "A" was pretty much there.

But man, just think how poorly they're going to play with all the extra weight from this felt:

IMG_4437.jpg

7 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

I must be in the minority with the Stars uniform as I feel distracted by the white/breezer color/glove color.  If those were all the same color I think I'd enjoy them much more.  Also, I'm not a fan of the missing "A".  I think the Modano-era logo was superior as the "A" was pretty much there.

But man, just think how poorly they're going to play with all the extra weight from this felt:

IMG_4437.jpg

That is going be .007% heavier, resulting in the Stars players being .00012% slower on ice.

18 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

I'm not good at editing photos, but I think it shows how if the colors were more consistant the look would be pretty good:

egV0H2u.png

IMO green breezers would be just too much green.

Eh, disagree on that. White gloves doesn't add anything to the look, in my opinion; and I like that they went with brown gloves here, since that's the type of glove the Texans themselves wore. 

Perhaps sticking my neck out a little on this one: the D-ST☆RS logo here, maybe with a bit more work, would be a better fit for the austere green/white/black sweaters than the silvery beveled D-star, and a truer update to the old STɅRS logo. 

EDIT: actually, if the insistence is on black never coming between green and white, then you don't have to/can't do anything to the logo

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 minutes ago, the admiral said:

EDIT: actually, if the insistence is on black never coming between green and white, then you don't have to/can't do anything to the logo

Honestly, I think going and adding the bright green of Victor E. Green in as an actual team color to replace the black outright would also be a really good way to go about it. You can keep the D-star (without bevel, preferably, but either works), but two shades of green alongside white isn't a palette anybody else in the NHL is using as a primary identity, and something I think could look pretty excellent.

15 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I'm not good at editing photos, but I think it shows how if the colors were more consistant the look would be pretty good:

egV0H2u.png

IMO green breezers would be just too much green.

Disagree. That shade of green is not too much green if the breezers matched the sweaters. All-green adds variety to all-blue, red and black uniforms. Which is why I loved the 70s & 80s North Stars and 80s Whalers away uniforms.

The jerseys themselves remind me of nearly every other practice jersey I had growing up, particularly the weird shoulder yoke. Overall I find it pretty meh. I'm genuinely surprised so many people seem to like this more than Nashville's, who i think hit it out of the park and is already the best jersey that organization has had.

12 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The jerseys themselves remind me of nearly every other practice jersey I had growing up...

I know, right? Like, how does “nostalgia” fit the Winter Classic brand?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I know it is a small thing, but I really wish the Capitals would get gloves with royal blue instead of navy when wearing their throwback alternates.  So that they can match the colour scheme.  Other NHL teams seem to be able to manage that with gloves and alternate uniforms these days.

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

I know it is a small thing, but I really wish the Capitals would get gloves with royal blue instead of navy when wearing their throwback alternates.  So that they can match the colour scheme.  Other NHL teams seem to be able to manage that with gloves and alternate uniforms these days.

spacer.png

The entire point of this board is to obsess over small things. I don't think wanting matching gloves is that egregious.

4 hours ago, fonz said:

spacer.png

I don’t know... this creates two very distinct reactions for me. 1, if this were presented in the Concepts forum, it would get ripped to shreds. And 2, I seem to be picturing Terrence and Phillip wearing something like this.

LATE EDIT: I’m also getting a Nordiques vibe with the hockey stick diagonals on each side of the A.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived