Jump to content

NHL changes 2019-20


BJ Sands
 Share

Recommended Posts

I must be in the minority with the Stars uniform as I feel distracted by the white/breezer color/glove color.  If those were all the same color I think I'd enjoy them much more.  Also, I'm not a fan of the missing "A".  I think the Modano-era logo was superior as the "A" was pretty much there.

 

But man, just think how poorly they're going to play with all the extra weight from this felt:

 IMG_4437.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

I must be in the minority with the Stars uniform as I feel distracted by the white/breezer color/glove color.  If those were all the same color I think I'd enjoy them much more.  Also, I'm not a fan of the missing "A".  I think the Modano-era logo was superior as the "A" was pretty much there.

 

But man, just think how poorly they're going to play with all the extra weight from this felt:

 IMG_4437.jpg

That is going be .007% heavier, resulting in the Stars players being .00012% slower on ice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

I'm not good at editing photos, but I think it shows how if the colors were more consistant the look would be pretty good:

egV0H2u.png

IMO green breezers would be just too much green.

Eh, disagree on that. White gloves doesn't add anything to the look, in my opinion; and I like that they went with brown gloves here, since that's the type of glove the Texans themselves wore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps sticking my neck out a little on this one: the D-ST☆RS logo here, maybe with a bit more work, would be a better fit for the austere green/white/black sweaters than the silvery beveled D-star, and a truer update to the old STɅRS logo. 

 

EDIT: actually, if the insistence is on black never coming between green and white, then you don't have to/can't do anything to the logo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, the admiral said:

EDIT: actually, if the insistence is on black never coming between green and white, then you don't have to/can't do anything to the logo

Honestly, I think going and adding the bright green of Victor E. Green in as an actual team color to replace the black outright would also be a really good way to go about it. You can keep the D-star (without bevel, preferably, but either works), but two shades of green alongside white isn't a palette anybody else in the NHL is using as a primary identity, and something I think could look pretty excellent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I'm not good at editing photos, but I think it shows how if the colors were more consistant the look would be pretty good:

egV0H2u.png

IMO green breezers would be just too much green.

 

Disagree. That shade of green is not too much green if the breezers matched the sweaters. All-green adds variety to all-blue, red and black uniforms. Which is why I loved the 70s & 80s North Stars and 80s Whalers away uniforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The jerseys themselves remind me of nearly every other practice jersey I had growing up, particularly the weird shoulder yoke. Overall I find it pretty meh. I'm genuinely surprised so many people seem to like this more than Nashville's, who i think hit it out of the park and is already the best jersey that organization has had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it is a small thing, but I really wish the Capitals would get gloves with royal blue instead of navy when wearing their throwback alternates.  So that they can match the colour scheme.  Other NHL teams seem to be able to manage that with gloves and alternate uniforms these days.

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

I know it is a small thing, but I really wish the Capitals would get gloves with royal blue instead of navy when wearing their throwback alternates.  So that they can match the colour scheme.  Other NHL teams seem to be able to manage that with gloves and alternate uniforms these days.

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

The entire point of this board is to obsess over small things. I don't think wanting matching gloves is that egregious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, fonz said:

spacer.png

 

I don’t know... this creates two very distinct reactions for me. 1, if this were presented in the Concepts forum, it would get ripped to shreds. And 2, I seem to be picturing Terrence and Phillip wearing something like this.

 

LATE EDIT: I’m also getting a Nordiques vibe with the hockey stick diagonals on each side of the A.

Edited by Frylock
Further observation of the design
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.