NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you described this jersey to me, I'd tell you it sounded like a horror show. But damned if it doesn't work, and work well. It's unconventional without being ridiculous or (Rocky Mountain) XTREEEEEEME. Very interested in seeing the name/number treatment and the full uniform for this one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah... nah. Falling into the Canucks flying V territory right there. That mountain peak idea doesn't even make sense.

Btw what is this anyway?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I really like this jersey.

Stadium Series jerseys so far have all been standard NHL jersey templates with added ugly elements, nothing special at all and not even worth thinking about past that one game. They could have used that template with the standard Avalanche logo and been like everyone else, but they decided to do more than that. This jersey is unique, striking, and and "out there" in a good way. I would like to see this as a full-time alternate. 

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I almost feel like the A needs to start lower on the jersey and end before it reaches the color. That little swatch of white on the collar, at the tip of the mountain, is driving me nuts. 

In reality mountains aren't triangles, though (or pyramids or cones). Take Mt. Fuji, for example

1200px-Numazu_and_Mount_Fuji.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ark said:

In reality mountains aren't triangles, though (or pyramids or cones). Take Mt. Fuji, for example

1200px-Numazu_and_Mount_Fuji.jpg

I'm not suggesting it be a triangle. I don't care if its' cut off at the top or not. I just think interrupting the neckline with that little patch of white is weird. It's like it's a volcano and your face is the eruption. 

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not suggesting it be a triangle. I don't care if its' cut off at the top or not. I just think interrupting the neckline with that little patch of white is weird. It's like it's a volcano and your face is the eruption. 

But it doesn't look like that. It looks like they used the Adidas collar to make a really clever mountain design. 

5 minutes ago, Ark said:

But it doesn't look like that. It looks like they used the Adidas collar to make a really clever mountain design. 

Sorry, I just disagree. My eye is drawn right to that weird little white space in the collar and not in a pleasant way. Feels forced. 

Leak: Avs Unconvential Uniform for Stadium Series

November 13, 2019 - 16:09 PM

And now for something completely different… Late last night a photo began circulating ’round Twitter which showed a wild new jersey design for the Colorado Avalanche, later reports would peg this as the uniform the Avs would wear during the […]

Read More...

I mean....it's kind of bold, I'll give them that.  The Avalanche have been due for a proper cleanup for awhile now, so maybe this is a beta test for marketing their next look?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Getting rid of the balancing triangle and just making it a white "A" with larger mountain peaks would have worked just fine, kinda like the Flames' A with flame. 

And, as the article states, I'm now incredibly curious as to what the Kings will wear. LA with palm trees?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived