Burger King Logo Discussion.

simtek34

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/30/2019 at 4:21 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

190612133339-02-burger-king-stranger-thi

It just looks so much better

Meh.  I'm not saying the current logo is fantastic, but I think there's a way that old logo can be updated without being a direct copy of the old one, which looks old, IMO.

14 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Meh.  I'm not saying the current logo is fantastic, but I think there's a way that old logo can be updated without being a direct copy of the old one, which looks old, IMO.

They already updated the logo back in the '90s.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:22 AM, neo_prankster said:

So basically, you'd prefer this:

burger_king_logo_28211.jpg

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Saw this on a facebook group posted today. Looks like Burger King is returning to their old logo. Not sure where this is located but its a BK that was being remodeled

spacer.png

I hope they still keep the blue in their color scheme. That’s what really separated their branding from other fast food places.

9 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Saw this on a facebook group posted today. Looks like Burger King is returning to their old logo. Not sure where this is located but its a BK that was being remodeled

spacer.png

There's a BK near me that finished remodeling early last year, and it's now using that exact logo, even on the stand-alone sign.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

6 hours ago, dont care said:

I hope they still keep the blue in their color scheme. That’s what really separated their branding from other fast food places.

I've never liked the blue, it always felt out of place. They haven't really used it outside of their logo in quite a while either.

I actually really like what they've been doing the last five years by emphasizing the colors of the Whopper. Makes for a unique set of colors.

spacer.png

Just replace the tan with the amber bun color, and they're set. Maybe emphasize brown more too.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, burgundy said:

I've never liked the blue, it always felt out of place. They haven't really used it outside of their logo in quite a while either.

I actually really like what they've been doing the last five years by emphasizing the colors of the Whopper. Makes for a unique set of colors.

spacer.png

Just replace the tan with the amber bun color, and they're set. Maybe emphasize brown more too.

I've always viewed this as the fast food industry's answer to the tequila sunrise unis. 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:51 PM, rmc523 said:

The new one is the ultimate example of modernization for modernization's sake.

Good choice to bring this back.  The old logo may have looked cool back in the 90s/2000s when BK was actually considered cool, but now they are a left-behind brand with a dated logo in a world of better options.  Clinging onto that italicized logo really gave that "peaked in high school" look really, while this is cute, fresh, and somehow classic and modern at the same time.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

This is great news. Their current? logo is horrible. I think the blue looks cheap too

I don't know how a color "looks cheap", but I agree blue has no business being in their logo.  IMO, fast-food logos should be warm, or "food colored" for lack of a better term.  Even if that means that some of them look similar.

Not all of these qualify as 'fast food', but there's definitely logos that don't convey 'fast food' to me.  I get why some go with other colors - like Long John Silver's going with a nautical theme, and Taco Bell with fiesta colors - but I think they'd look better with more warmth.

Lots of these logos are various shades of red, yellow, orange, etc, but they're all sufficiently distinct.  The 'old' BK logo would also be plenty distinct. 

259a13d75ad55773d7b64d671d08ca7f.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't know how a color "looks cheap", but I agree blue has no business being in their logo.  IMO, fast-food logos should be warm, or "food colored" for lack of a better term.  Even if that means that some of them look similar.

Not all of these qualify as 'fast food', but there's definitely logos that don't convey 'fast food' to me.  I get why some go with other colors - like Long John Silver's going with a nautical theme, and Taco Bell with fiesta colors - but I think they'd look better with more warmth.

Lots of these logos are various shades of red, yellow, orange, etc, but they're all sufficiently distinct.  The 'old' BK logo would also be plenty distinct. 

259a13d75ad55773d7b64d671d08ca7f.jpg

That TCBY logo looks depressing is that seriously what they use now?

FAKE EDIT: Yeah I guess not.  Actually a decent look they have now, haven't been to one in probably 20 years

tcby.jpg?fit=600%2C460&ssl=1

BK and Pizza Hut are good examples of how you almost have to change your logo in order to even have a "classic logo".

No way to know for sure, but I'd wager that some people would be calling both "old" or "stale" rather than "classic" had they been each company's logo forever.

Both "classic" logos are certainly better and what the logos should be, and they both qualify as "iconic", but I'm not sure I would have seen it that way had there not been a change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

New BK tv commercials also confirming throwback logo is on its way ✅

EqsVbP6XAAERmgU?format=jpg&name=large

EqsVbpiXYAA29hO?format=jpg&name=large

**Unrelated note: Dr Pepper is also overdue for a new logo. They have the same 2000y swirl as BK just got away from. Outdated af

6uXNWAo.png

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

New BK tv commercials also confirming throwback logo is on its way ✅

EqsVbP6XAAERmgU?format=jpg&name=large

EqsVbpiXYAA29hO?format=jpg&name=large

I love the old logo. However, I don’t think it fits well with the aesthetic of their fairly new design restaurants

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

**Unrelated note: Dr Pepper is also overdue for a new logo. They have the same 2000y swirl as BK just got away from. Outdated af

I agree. Out of the company’s logo history, 1984-1997 was probably the best looking era of the bunch. Should they revert back to it like how Pizza Hut did and Burger King is doing? Maybe, but do some refining.

spacer.png

Archived