Burger King Logo Discussion.

simtek34

On 1/2/2021 at 9:28 AM, DNAsports said:

I love the old logo. However, I don’t think it fits well with the aesthetic of their fairly new design restaurants

I agree. Out of the company’s logo history, 1984-1997 was probably the best looking era of the bunch. Should they revert back to it like how Pizza Hut did and Burger King is doing? Maybe, but do some refining.

spacer.png

The  Dr Pepper Snapple group recently got merged with Keurig and then  got new owners (JAB Holding) who just unnecessarily redid the Snapple branding, so its due:
https://www.snapple.com/bottlefacts

spacer.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised BK threw in a "damn" on the branding video.  Totally not needed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The new logo fixes everything that was wrong with both of their previous logos. No more unnecessary flying burger, chrome hamburger buns, or colors borrowed from McDonalds. The classic font is cleaner, the color adjustment is spot on, and the buns look like a burger and not a flatbread sandwich.

Nailed it.

burger-king-logo-progression_dezeen_2364

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Excellent update.  Hope UPS is watching.

6a00d8345194a469e200e5539e3dc58833-pi

Either the current sheild without the gloss effects or the old logo with an updated parcel at the top. Most delivery boxes, at least from my experience, do not have a bow wrapping. It looks too much like a Christmas present, imo. The bow logo dates back to 1961.

Parcels in the mail look more like this:

4500.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

Not sure how well the old logo would look as a phone icon or social-media avatar in the mobile size.  I think the current one is very nice, even with the shine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/8/2021 at 11:54 AM, JerseyJimmy said:

y'know, this is kinda surreal to me considering I never really knew a world without the modernized BK logo (which, for the record, gives me nostalgia for NFS Underground 2). with the related branding, the new (old?) logo feels very specifically '70s; seems weird to invoke the most unappetizing decade in recent history for a restaurant, but I'm just some dumb zoomer, so what do I know.

I kinda feel the same way. I was born in 1990 and I haven't seen the old logo since I was 8, same goes for Taco Bell so the nostalgia is too real for me. I remember when they made the logo switch in 1999 and introduced the Big Kids Meal with Pokemon and DBZ toys. As a 9 year old I thought it was awesome and I'd continue to buy the Big Kids meal for years afterwards.

The logo change is great and now all they need to do is change the fries back to the old recipe and maybe I'll enjoy eating from there again.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived