vtgco

MLS Concepts: Chicago Fire Logo v2 (12-01)

Recommended Posts

I just thought I'd take a quick break from my Vancouver Canucks series to bring you my idea for FC Cincinnati, who will release their first MLS uniforms in the coming weeks.

 

cin_display.png

 

I thought the lion looked way better outside of the strange hexagon crest, so it becomes the primary logo.

My inaugural season logo is a version of the city flag element in the style of the team.

 

The home uniform uses the diamond pattern that FC Cincinnati seems to use on their promotional materials. Orange feels much more Cincinnati to me than blue, so it's the primary color.

The away uniform is a vertical adaption of the city flag. I figured a vertical water pattern would work as a reference to the Genius of Water fountain.

 

It's not world-changing, but I feel like the crest is an improvement, and that there's some simple patterns that could really go far for the team!

Let me know what you think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really a fan of this! I do like thier current crest, but I also agree that the lion on its own works even better. That would stand out tremendously amongst MLS crests. Great choice there.

 

At first I was thinking the away uniform needed just a bit more orange somewhere, but the more I look at it, the more that little splash of it coming from the crest just seems to work best for me in contrast to everything else. I think as it is works just fine.

 

Really nice set all around! Great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would buy the white one in an instant. Looks phenomenal! The pattern integration is much better than their minor league version. I think the river pattern also works great! Too bad the real ones probably won’t be this good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 1:48 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Would buy the white one in an instant. Looks phenomenal! The pattern integration is much better than their minor league version. I think the river pattern also works great! Too bad the real ones probably won’t be this good

Happy to hear that you like the patterns. I don't have high expectations for the new uniforms either, but let's hope we're both wrong!

 

On 1/30/2019 at 10:08 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m really a fan of this! I do like thier current crest, but I also agree that the lion on its own works even better. That would stand out tremendously amongst MLS crests. Great choice there.

 

At first I was thinking the away uniform needed just a bit more orange somewhere, but the more I look at it, the more that little splash of it coming from the crest just seems to work best for me in contrast to everything else. I think as it is works just fine.

 

Really nice set all around! Great work!

Well, I couldn't think of a better way to include more orange on the away jersey, anyway. Glad you like it!

 

5 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

These are clean. Not a soccer fan but these are slick.

Thanks for the nice words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 8:57 PM, DG_Now said:

T-Mobile USA is headquartered across the lake from Seattle in Bellevue. That or Bret Hart is making a move in the PNW.

 

Also, that dumb Seattle badge looks better in monochrome.

 

So I'm definitely hoping this rumor isn't true, but I figured I'd take a shot at making it work as best I could!

 

sea_2019_display.png

I went with a salmon-inspired uniform, with a fish scale pattern and salmon-pink accents.

I don't have any strong feelings about the Zulily sponsorship, but I think their old logo looks very clean on a jersey.

 

The jocktag is based on this sign at the beloved Pike Place Market:

City_Fish_Market_Sign,_Seattle_(9313711975).jpg

 

The leak says black & pink (not necessarily "all hail our T-Mobile overlords" magenta as predicted) so hopefully this is still within the realm of possibility.

 

It still doesn't feel like my Sounders to me, but I tried to add some unique Seattle flair to it!

Your comments are appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Cincy and Seattle look great, I wouldn't mind seeing this turn into a MLS redesign thread with what you've got so far!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 1:44 AM, vtgco said:

I just thought I'd take a quick break from my Vancouver Canucks series to bring you my idea for FC Cincinnati, who will release their first MLS uniforms in the coming weeks.

 

cin_display.png

 

I thought the lion looked way better outside of the strange hexagon crest, so it becomes the primary logo.

My inaugural season logo is a version of the city flag element in the style of the team.

 

The home uniform uses the diamond pattern that FC Cincinnati seems to use on their promotional materials. Orange feels much more Cincinnati to me than blue, so it's the primary color.

The away uniform is a vertical adaption of the city flag. I figured a vertical water pattern would work as a reference to the Genius of Water fountain.

 

It's not world-changing, but I feel like the crest is an improvement, and that there's some simple patterns that could really go far for the team!

Let me know what you think!

Great concept here! Thought it might need some 'Bavarian' inspired design. Still, pretty cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Great concept here! Thought it might need some 'Bavarian' inspired design. Still, pretty cool!

Glad you like it. If you're referring to the crest, a Bavarian heraldic style could be cool, but very difficult and time-intensive to pull off. Maybe someday when I've got significantly more free time! 😋

 

8 hours ago, Section30 said:

Both Cincy and Seattle look great, I wouldn't mind seeing this turn into a MLS redesign thread with what you've got so far!!

I'd certainly be open to that... if you are hoping for new logos, it might take a while... :/

Either way, I really appreciate your encouragement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vtgco said:

 

Glad you like it. If you're referring to the crest, a Bavarian heraldic style could be cool, but very difficult and time-intensive to pull off. Maybe someday when I've got significantly more free time! 😋

 

What I meant to say is the jersey itself. The lion alone is fine. I just think that it could pull off a 'Bayern Munich'-esque design. Maybe a Bavarian flag, too.

Though, a Bavarian heraldic style logo is a nice idea if it is meant to be its jock tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NSC_Crest-on-Blue-36-1-1.png

🤦‍♂️

So Nashville SC released their new MLS logo, and it's bad enough that I felt I should try to rectify the situation immediately:

 

nsh_display.png

I tried to combine some elements of the real MLS logo and the USL logo--most importantly the guitar strings. It has been mentioned that the real octagon looked like an abstract guitar headstock, so I went all out on that, with some inspiration from the Tennessee flag and the 2016 NHL All-Star game.

 

The inaugural season logo is the city flag on a vinyl record.

 

The home jersey has the six guitar strings running vertically down from the headstock logo, with a sublimated guitar surrounded by vibrations.

The away jersey has a sublimated graphic of the Ryman Auditorium, a historic country music venue in Nashville.

 

Please let me know what you think! Hopefully, you feel this is better than the real thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vtgco said:

NSC_Crest-on-Blue-36-1-1.png

🤦‍♂️

So Nashville SC released their new MLS logo, and it's bad enough that I felt I should try to rectify the situation immediately:

 

nsh_display.png

I tried to combine some elements of the real MLS logo and the USL logo--most importantly the guitar strings. It has been mentioned that the real octagon looked like an abstract guitar headstock, so I went all out on that, with some inspiration from the Tennessee flag and the 2016 NHL All-Star game.

 

The inaugural season logo is the city flag on a vinyl record.

 

The home jersey has the six guitar strings running vertically down from the headstock logo, with a sublimated guitar surrounded by vibrations.

The away jersey has a sublimated graphic of the Ryman Auditorium, a historic country music venue in Nashville.

 

Please let me know what you think! Hopefully, you feel this is better than the real thing...

Absolutely in love with this, infinitely better than what they have released which unfortunately is a disaster. Primary kit is excellent, I would personally like to see a secondary kit with a navy jersey paired with yellow shorts, think that would be a unique colour combination for the league and a welcome break from the all-white monotony that seems to have been forced upon us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kylonian said:

Absolutely in love with this, infinitely better than what they have released which unfortunately is a disaster. Primary kit is excellent, I would personally like to see a secondary kit with a navy jersey paired with yellow shorts, think that would be a unique colour combination for the league and a welcome break from the all-white monotony that seems to have been forced upon us.

Thank you for the kind words! 

As for the secondary, I figured I'd try the Ryman Auditorium first, given it provided some variety into the league. However, here's my idea for a blue away:

 

nsh_navy_display.png

It's a simple piano keyboard pattern, with trailing sublimated lines.

I worry that it's a bit too similar to the primary, but at least it allows for mixing and matching color combos (e.g. blue/white/blue, yellow/white/blue, yellow/yellow/yellow).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another new horrendous MLS logo means another salvage attempt!

 

chi_logo_compare.png

 

So they say that the weird geometric thing in the new logo is supposed to look like both fire and the Chicago flag star. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's good inspiration for my attempt.

The C is supposed to feel like an old-timey Chicago sports logo a la White Sox and Bears. The orange felt more fire-like than the yellow, and gets rid of the yellow crown concerns. I couldn't find quite the right font for the "FC 97," so suggestions are appreciated there.

 

chi_display_lame.png

 

I'll post another version with the Florian Cross soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, here are my C + fire-star inside an updated Florian Cross. I'm not sure how they work together, but I thought I'd try it out. I also thought it worked better in Chicago flag colors.

 

chi_display_florian.png

The home is fairly straightforward, just the classic Chicago Fire look with a skyline silhouette on the sleeves.

The away is based on a motif in the Robie House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

 

I'd appreciate some feedback on these logos; I seriously think they could use some improvements!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for kicking the current rebrand further into the pit of despair where it belongs and presenting two friggin amazing alternatives. But it all seriousness, gorgeous stuff so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.