Blazing Forward-The Milwaukee Blazer Odyssey

Raptorman415

My journey began about a year or two ago when sitting in my hunting blind. A neighbor walked onto my land. He was wearing a blaze orange jacket. That's when I got thinking. I imagined this football stadium packed to the brim of blaze orange jackets in the sunlight during a football game. I came up with the Milwaukee Blazers.

Milwaukee_Blazers_Primary_zps30t8yzth.pn

1MIL_Blazers_Unis_zpsyafkgmvd.png

I began to read up on the football history in Milwaukee. From Packer football at County Stadium to the third AFL's Milwaukee Chiefs and the NFL's Milwaukee Badgers. But one thing caught hold of me. In 1965,Marvin Fishman, the original owner of the Bucks, tried to obtain an expansion team from the AFL. But Vince Lombardi signed a lease to keep playing various Packer games at County Stadium until 1976. But what if Milwaukee had gotten an AFL team?

Milwaukee-Bucks-old-logo_zps0p9tjshw.png

1965-MIL_Blazers_zpsyjbeuksk.png

I imagine they would have been called the Whitetails or something until the 80s or so when the state made blaze orange or some kinda of orange or pink mandatory to wear during gun season. "But what about the Bucks?" you ask. The Bucks original name was going to be the Robins due to a name the team poll but was changed because they felt Bucks was more fitting. The now Bucks would be the Robins.

My odyssey through the creation of the Milwaukee Blazers franchise ends in the present day. But not the way it started. Miller Park can't hold a football field, but it can hold a football pitch. three football matches have been played at Miller Park, the latest being F.C. Pachuca vs Club Leon. I said to myself,"If Yankee Stadium can have an MLS club why, can't Miller Park." The finished project looks like this.

Milwaukee_Blazers_Primary%20-%20Copy_zps

Spoiler

58346c27f3f08_Adidas2017Template1.png.61

The logo puts the buck head in front of the tricolor of brown, orange, and white to mimic the german flag because of Milwaukee's big german influence. The Orange is the Primary while the Brown is the secondary and the white is the clash or warm weather kit.

That's my journey through creating a present day football team, alt history team, and a football club. Hope you enjoy.

It's Me

Archived