NCAA women logos

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Maybe I'm getting too pc these days, but I feel adding "lady" is unnecessary and kind of sexist.

I personally don’t find it necessarily sexist, but like what about a, for example, Razorback, means its male and you have to put lady in front of it? I mean FSU is understandable. But why lady volunteers, lady bears, lady techsters

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 3 weeks later...

Not NCAA but USports, the men's teams at the school I go to are the Golden Bears and the women's teams are the Pandas. Golden Bears was adopted in 1935 and then the women's teams switched to Pandas in 1945. I can't seem to find anything relating to why the name was changed.

gbp-web.jpg

We also have two mascots, a bear for the men's games and a panda for the women's.

IbjBaeE.png

On 2/15/2019 at 1:49 AM, ShlyKBMT said:

Arkansas Lady Razorbacks 

arkansas_razorbacks_2001-pres_a.png

On 2/15/2019 at 4:44 AM, Mingjai said:

Here’s the aforementioned Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters logo:

800px-Louisiana_Tech_Lady_Techsters_logo

spacer.png

Interesting that these all use a very similar font.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:31 PM, Scrumptious Ham said:

Maybe I'm getting too pc these days, but I feel adding "lady" is unnecessary and kind of sexist.

I look at it as a way for the women to own their own brand.  Especially in instances like Tennessee and Louisiana Tech where the women's program can boast more historical success than the men.

Archived