LA Rams Primary Logo Concept

rsaline

I am actually a civil engineer, but I've had an interest in graphic design since high school. When I was in college I was able to take a graphic design class where we had to create a fictitious company based on an essay we wrote. My essay was about the impacts of concussions on football players and other athletes, so my fictitious company manufactured football helmets. I chose the name "Rampage" based on the headbutts of big horn sheep. I produced the identity below (shown on some sample business cards), in addition to numerous other alternatives.

20IJVZI.jpg

After I showed off to @dsaline97, who is an actual designer, he said it would be a cool logo for the LA Rams. So I've come up with a few instances of how my concept could replace the existing helmet logos the Rams have. It wouldn't work on uniform elements, but I think it could look cool on apparel or print/digital graphics. It could also make for a nice Colorado State shirt.

1ICusH1.png

1eHhPSy.jpg

SbLh4yY.png

dnuCnKQ.png

tWWProL.png

I like how the angle of this logo emphasizes forward motion, which was also important for my fictional company, and also hearkens back to the old Rams logos used from 1946-1982. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. Criticism is welcome, but I won't be making any changes.

Oh yeah, and I also got a t-shirt made on Cotton Bureau!

Looks really great! Way better than LA's current helmet-based logo.

I feel like the center field logo would look better with a background circle rather than just outlined.

Also, I don't know if it would look good, but it might be possible to hide an LA monogram in the facemask. It's not necessary but it might be fun!

*Edit: I totally missed the ram head that @MJD7 pointed out! This is some truly extraordinary stuff!*

Excellent work!

14 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Is the facemask intended to look like a Rams’ head? If so, that’s great.

I don’t see it, but I love the concept.  I agree with the idea that incorporating an LA into the facemask would be a really nice touch.

You can also see an LA in the facemask area, I don't think that was intention since you said you designed this before converting it to a LA Rams logo but that's what i see when i look at it. Its simple and would be instantly recognizable when someone sees it. Good job!

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I like it much more than their helmet logo, but I don't like it as much as an actual ram head logo (like what they more or less use now). My problem is the Rams seemingly use both style logos without any clear reasoning.

Archived