Sign in to follow this  
cajunaggie08

College Baseball Uniforms - 2019

Recommended Posts

Texas made tweaks to their uniform. They removed the dropshaddow on the letter and number font and added a silver swoosh

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Count me out on this plastic silver swoosh trend.

But the plastic is specially designed to be lighter than fabric to reduce drag on your body by 1/10000000000th allowing you to swing and throw better /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCU's black top and pinstripe uniforms are new.  The rest look the same to me as last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the pinstripe uniforms with the head spoon and Frogs script, and the OKState throwback is just perfect. I have a real soft spot for baseball uniforms that have a 1940’s -1950’s vibe, especially when they’re worn correctly with visible socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of great new uniforms this season. The beveled diamond-rip off Nike logo is going to be a sore thumb on many designs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I use this topic to talk softball, especially since they already got mentioned in this thread? Arizona unveiled its new uniforms, which include a new alternate home white and a charcoal road gray, in addition to refreshes of the road gray they introduced a few years ago and their traditional whites, reds and blues.

 

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/photos-arizona-wildcats-debut-six-new-softball-uniforms/collection_4e722810-23f3-11e9-a87a-fb59f94f5a42.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Can I use this topic to talk softball, especially since they already got mentioned in this thread? Arizona unveiled its new uniforms, which include a new alternate home white and a charcoal road gray, in addition to refreshes of the road gray they introduced a few years ago and their traditional whites, reds and blues.

 

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/photos-arizona-wildcats-debut-six-new-softball-uniforms/collection_4e722810-23f3-11e9-a87a-fb59f94f5a42.html

 

I've used this thread to discuss softball uniforms in previous years, so don't be afraid to share em here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas made tweaks to their uniform. They removed the dropshaddow on the letter and number font and added a silver swoosh

 

 

 

Love these. Getting rid of the black accents was long overdue. That also appears to be the new football wordmark they switched to this season (and the new numbers which i'm not a fan of at all. Super minor tweak but the old numbers were so iconic.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s two of the new uniforms for both Oregon’s baseball and softball teams:

The number font matches the one on the new football uniforms, complete with the shiny inline effect as well. The “scripts” on the softball uniforms are new as well, while the baseball team is continuing to use the same old script design. It also looks like the baseball team might finally be shifting away from the dark green completely. I’m a big fan of both of these new baseball uniforms, but I’m not as big a fan of the new softball duds. We’ll wait and see what the rest of their new sets look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liking what I'm seeing so far.  The new script on the softball uniforms is going to take some time to get used to as I thought it was good having the scripts for both teams match.  I do like that the softball team is using the flying duck pattern that has become more prevalent throughout much of the AD's promotional graphics and were seen on the football's Jumpman shoes and accessories.  Based on the teaser and what they've worn in the past, both teams will be getting black, gray, and yellow jerseys (with the softball team likely getting black and gray pants to pair up with them.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^They just showed off the new black uniforms for both of them, actually:

Once again, I like the baseball team’s version better. I’m also not a huge fan of the number treatment on this one; I think it would’ve been better if the numbers were filled in yellow with either the silver inline or a shiny yellow inline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number treatment is not very good on the blacks.  The numbers look odd with the yellow outline and white inline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon has now released their grays, with softball going with anthracite and baseball going with light gray and using the flying Duck pattern.  Not sure I'm really feeling them using the same color for the number and outline as it makes the number look thicker than it needs to be.  Kinda appears they're trying to highlight the contrast between the venting pattern within the number and the solid inlines/outlines.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I’m really liking all of the new baseball uniforms, while I keep finding myself slightly dissapointed at all of the new softball options. I will say though that the number treatment on those anthracite jerseys for the softball team is much better than the number treatment on the black jerseys. Also, I like that the baseball team is using the flying duck pattern too. Creates some nice cohesion with the softball team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^I’m really liking all of the new baseball uniforms, while I keep finding myself slightly dissapointed at all of the new softball options. I will say though that the number treatment on those anthracite jerseys for the softball team is much better than the number treatment on the black jerseys. Also, I like that the baseball team is using the flying duck pattern too. Creates some nice cohesion with the softball team.

I think the main thing holding me back on the softball uniforms is the new wordmark and seeing how much better the one the baseball team uses is, especially with the script "Ducks."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Webfooter said:

I think the main thing holding me back on the softball uniforms is the new wordmark and seeing how much better the one the baseball team uses is, especially with the script "Ducks."

That’s the main thing holding me back, too. The new wordmarks for the softball team just look awkward and aren’t nearly as clean as the baseball team’s ‘Ducks’ wordmark. I have no idea why the softball team felt the need to go with these new wordmarks rather than sticking with the same one that baseball uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this