Alouettes Kick-Off New Era With Revamped Logo, Uniforms

SportsLogos.Net News

Alouettes Kick-Off New Era With Revamped Logo, Uniforms

February 2, 2019 - 01:59 AM

The Canadian Football League’s Montreal Alouettes officially unveiled their new logo and uniforms for the 2019 season at an event held tonight at Montreal’s Société des Arts Technologiques, this was an event I was invited to but ultimately had to […]

Read More...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there honestly anything good about these? The helmet is absolutely horrible, mono navy, white afterthought numbers, ugly font that is neither classic or custom, incredibly generic lifeless striping. The navy one looks like a cheap Texans knockoff... 

^^^ I wouldn't be surprised, if the designer is a wrestling fan.

---

The thing I miss the most is the light colored helmet.

The uniforms, they're onto something. But they should have made a couple of small changes to make it just a little more traditional.

I just figured that the helmet logo evokes a soaring alouette bird, which is located on the very top of the helmet and are directed foward; I get what they did. This feature I don't know if it's going to get over well. I feel like something's off. But I'll wait a little and either it's going to grow on me or it's going to look very old fast. The Jaguars tried something completely out of the box (really bad gradient helmet) and it got old fast. I'll give it some time.

This is clearly a visual identity meant to appeal more to the Montreal mindset than to football traditionalists. Which makes sense given that you could probably fit all the football traditionalists in Montreal into a single metro car. So while it won't be a hit on this forum, it will probably be more warmly received by your average Montrealer.

The logo definitely has a 70s fauxback thing happening, which makes sense given that Montreal is a nostalgic place. I like the vaguely Saul Bass-like design.

The jerseys themselves are nothing spectacular... they're too much like the Texans for my liking but overall, it works. 

But to be honest, if Montreal really wanted the 70s throwbacks so badly, I don't know why they didn't just bring back a slight variation of their actual late 70s/early 80s jerseys... this would have been the best option IMO:

23s9k4x.jpg

1 minute ago, walby2 said:

But to be honest, if Montreal really wanted the 70s throwbacks so badly, I don't know why they didn't just bring back a slight variation of their actual late 70s/early 80s jerseys... this would have been the best option IMO:

23s9k4x.jpg

The navy I think is a refreshing update of the classic colors and also a means to help set them apart looks-wise from the Canadiens. It's very modernized.

The bright red neon logos on navy backgrounds, there's room for improvement.

1 hour ago, walby2 said:

I'm still in my 30s and looking at the merch they have designed makes me feel legit old... I have never seen fan gear like this before.

d8b1b375204059.5c538a097bf3b.png

“We’re not 46 guys and some coaches on est 8 millions and there’s an island to rep for that’s game.”

What? Was this originally in French and just run through google translate?

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

“We’re not 46 guys and some coaches on est 8 millions and there’s an island to rep for that’s game.”

What? Was this originally in French and just run through google translate?

Google Translate isn't always 100% correct though. Regardless,  these look like they did a search for obscure Lombardi quotes and this popped up. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, walby2 said:

I'm still in my 30s and looking at the merch they have designed makes me feel legit old... I have never seen fan gear like this before.

d8b1b375204059.5c538a097bf3b.png

I'm 34 and this feels like football fans in a weird futuristic movie made 20 years ago...

How on earth could they "unveil" such a radical helmet design (the logo is on the top, right?) but then not include a single photo that gives us a good look at the helmet? Pure incompetence. 

That said, I kinda dig these. They tried to mix retro with modern and I think it mostly works. 

The helmet is interesting and unique, at least. The rest of the uniform is Dollar Store Texans. The numeral font, with its inconsistent widths, reminds me of the height of Fubu, when you had generic knockoffs of already-generic football jerseys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

How on earth could they "unveil" such a radical helmet design (the logo is on the top, right?) but then not include a single photo that gives us a good look at the helmet? Pure incompetence. 

That said, I kinda dig these. They tried to mix retro with modern and I think it mostly works. 

If your trying to find a look at the helmet.  Complete all-around view here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/75204059/Alouettes-de-Montral-Design-Experience?fbclid=IwAR2EJio0ciyIBOD-_Xj3t7aQDIP27TZHp1QnXkP6XbcUOf-HvmjGF-HK9AA

About a minute regarding the helmet at the 4:50 mark of this video from Alouettes website:

https://www.montrealalouettes.com/2019/01/31/la-transformation/

8 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

If your trying to find a look at the helmet.  Complete all-around view here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/75204059/Alouettes-de-Montral-Design-Experience?fbclid=IwAR2EJio0ciyIBOD-_Xj3t7aQDIP27TZHp1QnXkP6XbcUOf-HvmjGF-HK9AA

About a minute regarding the helmet at the 4:50 mark of this video from Alouettes website:

https://www.montrealalouettes.com/2019/01/31/la-transformation/

b3a5d175204059.5c54a85052af4.gif

Archived