What’s an underrated set of NBA uniforms?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I don’t wanna be the biased fan here but I really think the pelicans uniforms are overlooked. Colorway scheme is underrated too. I honestly think the whole pelicans brand isn’t underrated 

usa_today_11504634.0.jpg

the side design is the best in the league imo 

1126533110.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

getty-images-1093861658.jpg

the earned and city jerseys are one of the best in the league 

Disagree on the earned jerseys.  The basic home/aways are great.  The city jersey is also great with the Mardi Gras sorority girl thing going on.  But the earned edition, with the Mardi Gras jerseys recolored in team colors?  Weak and uninspired.  It's not like the city jerseys are good design, they just took a ubiquitous NOLA look and made a jersey out of it.  When you recolor it, it loses its connection to the city and just becomes a weird, horizontal striped Pelicans jersey. 

But overall, you're right.  The Pels have a great look and it is very underrated.  

On 2/6/2019 at 8:09 AM, Digby said:

Oh yeah, the current Jazz set is great -- I would say, though, that the alternates have gone wayward in the Nike era; two in shades of gold-ish and both are too weird for me.

The lovely green alternate wasn't around for nearly long enough:

JAZZ1617-Jersey-Away-Alt-Carousel.png

Seriously one of my all time favorite Jazz unis. Green/gold/white is a great look for them.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

On 2/6/2019 at 10:03 PM, neo_prankster said:

No love for Thunder Dan?

majerle-suns.jpg

I don't think these were underrated since they were some of the best selling jerseys at the time because Charles Barkley wore them his first year in Phoenix (excluding the preseason) and because they got all the way to the Finals and played against Jordan and the Bulls.  Their third, black, alternate jersey was also one of the best selling alternates since they were popular but probably also because alternates were rare at the time (Charlotte, Detroit, Miami, Chicago, Orlando, et cetera).

On 2/6/2019 at 2:52 PM, Duck_Duck said:

Weird colors, bad logos, jumbled striping, stupid piping, pinstripes, checkerboard, strange collars, knock-off Mavs wordmarks . . . . all the Bobcats sets are trash.  They're not underrated, they're bad.  I don't get it.

Agreed. We're going to look back on the Pelicans the same way once they eventually move. A boring franchise with mostly ugly uniforms that accomplishes little.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2/7/2019 at 9:07 PM, pelicanfan said:

I don’t wanna be the biased fan here but I really think the pelicans uniforms are overlooked. Colorway scheme is underrated too. I honestly think the whole pelicans brand isn’t underrated 

usa_today_11504634.0.jpg

the side design is the best in the league imo 

1126533110.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

getty-images-1093861658.jpg

the earned and city jerseys are one of the best in the league 

They finally fixed the script. Switching from radially arched to vertical arched made all the difference. 

The Timberwolves first 2 Uniform sets. The original is, in my opinion, is the best the team has looked. The 2nd set is good, but not amazing. Color scheme is good, free trim is really creative, but the Logo and Fonts really push this set back from being a classic.

jersey-history_89-96.jpg

jersey-history_96-08.jpg

da0Lbhs.png

Archived