What’s an underrated set of NBA uniforms?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

i view these jerseys in a chicago white sox sort of way

It's amazing how adaptable this template has been. They melded it with a charcoal scheme, the 70's Nets template, and the Biggie sweater to great effect. Even this looked interesting despite sleeves being universally a bad idea.

AP134690872411-676x450.jpg

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Absolutely. Between the team's on-court mediocrity and their stint playing in OKC due to Katrina, these got overlooked, but I think they did a fantastic job of taking the very solid Hornets identity and adapting it to New Orleans. I'd even argue that these are more New Orleans-looking than the Pelicans' threads.

It was a decent set in the block-wordmarks-and-minimal-striping era in  the early 2000’s, but the subsequent uniforms were so much better and would be my pick for some of the most underrated uniforms. At the same time a  better Hornets update than the current Hornets and more New Orleans than the Pelicans

Chris+Paul+Philadelphia+76ers+v+New+Orle93053720.jpg.970_original.jpg?1264887247a727f27512d2aef14ed6be56bc6ae8ca.jpg4117585180_0e1b38b480_o.jpg

Another underrated set is the Kings 2003/08, especially the home whites. They’ve never done purple better

ronkings.jpg

sac-kings-02-07-away-620x922.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 2/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, Shumway said:

I always liked this look for Denver (the rainbows are better, I'll admit)

a676d1cecc1e81c09980a0cdee153fd4.jpg

Those jerseys always looked like NBA: 1994 Eddie Bauer edition to me.

These never really got any credit. It's a 1996 aesthetic for sure, and would never come back today. But I think it's aged well.

dixonmj.jpg

They looked awesome in person. I also was a fan of these:

juwan-howard-of-the-washington-bullets-r

What a Big Three that never was.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2/4/2019 at 3:26 PM, Ray Lankford said:

I love the Thunder's OKC-set:

2019-01-20T083827Z_1_LYNXNPEF0J0B2-OUSSPrussell-westbrook-thunder.jpg

Throw together a white version of this (or don't, it's probably not that important anymore) and it's top 5 in the league and maybe the best outside of the classics And they get bonus points for the way they use their tights to change up the colors.

They should go with the Oranges as the primary (is there a Orange-primary team in the NBA?), get rid of the white outline.

Those OKC unis are probably some of my favorite unis in the NBA

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's amazing how adaptable this template has been. They melded it with a charcoal scheme, the 70's Nets template, and the Biggie sweater to great effect. Even this looked interesting despite sleeves being universally a bad idea.

AP134690872411-676x450.jpg

Now, this is the one post-move Nets uniform that I can get behind.

What's more, sleeves are not a universally bad idea, as this Nets uniform was not even the best sleeved uniform in the league.

Image result for jazz sleeved jersey

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

38 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Now, this is the one post-move Nets uniform that I can get behind.

What's more, sleeves are not a universally bad idea, as this Nets uniform was not even the best sleeved uniform in the league.

Image result for jazz sleeved jersey

Three cheers for that Jazz jersey. In a weird way if forms a basis for the preset Jazz set. Which is also underrated. 

937936254-utah-jazz-v-golden-state-warri

Oh yeah, the current Jazz set is great -- I would say, though, that the alternates have gone wayward in the Nike era; two in shades of gold-ish and both are too weird for me.

The lovely green alternate wasn't around for nearly long enough:

JAZZ1617-Jersey-Away-Alt-Carousel.png

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived