Dilbert

2019 Lower League US Soccer - USL Championship, League 1, League 2, NPSL, etc

On 6/25/2019 at 1:57 PM, hawk36 said:

Socker in San Diego IS Sockers. Make it happen. Otherwise:

San Diego Surf

San Diego Conquistadors (Q's)

San Diego Surf might be tough because that name is currently being used (and has been in use for a long time) as the name of a youth club:  http://www.surfsoccer.com/
Image result for san diego surf soccer

I really like 'San Diego Santos FC'. Mission is quite good but honestly I don't like the connection to the Missions and their questionable relationship with the native indian population. Just my opinion. Like all the input we're getting.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:20 AM, element7ero said:

https://twitter.com/SdLandon/status/1151633381375062016

Most popular names include Athletic/Atletico, AFC San Diego, Mission San Diego. Most popular colors include SD flag colors, brown and yellow, yellow and blue.  Thoughts?

4:22 PM - 17 Jul 2019

Of those, AFC San Diego is my clear choice. Mission is too evocative of the mixed bag that are the historic California Missions and their mistreatment of the natives (whose descendants make up a large part of the sports sponsor dollars in San Diego). And Athletico is just a tad too Euro. AFC San Diego avoids the boring San Diego FC issue and has the double meaning of America’s Finest City.

19 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

I really hope they’re able to parlay Donovan’s relationship with the indoor Sockers into a name share with the USL team.

Don't count on it...

According to "the unnamed Soccer podcast" as well as "the Darren Smith Show" episode with Landon Donovan

• United is out as a team name option.
  • they are apparently looking at 3 names (trademarks and legal stuff)
  • there will be an update or announcement at the end of October/early November.
  • a lot would need to fall into place for Donovan to become head coach.
  • season ticket deposits can be made

Owls are definitely an underused bird of prey in sports. I love them. This is a sharp logo.

Love the sharp edges on this. It really makes it feel classic but modern at the same time. 

Let's Go Who! I can't imagine anything else being the main chant. But I digress.