Dilbert

2019 Lower League US Soccer - USL Championship, League 1, League 2, NPSL, etc

Recommended Posts

Ugh... yet another potentially successful team who will be handicapped and hamstrung by some goofy, tryhard branding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The team’s primary color will be “Torrey” green

Source:https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...st-landon-donovan-warren-smith-torero-stadium

a Werder Bremen-like green jersey with orange accents/sleeves and white shorts would be kinda neat if they focus on the green.

Hope for one of the uniforms to be primarily white and orange/green accents though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, GDAWG said:

How is the attendance for San Diego State games?


Depends on the game. Usually in the 20-35 range depending. 

 

Can be more during skyshow weekend.

 

spacer.png
 

New stadium is a planned 35k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NicDB said:

Ugh... yet another potentially successful team who will be handicapped and hamstrung by some goofy, tryhard branding.


Which one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 11:11 AM, Bucfan56 said:

(one was BEAUTIFUL, but I don’t think they could get clearance with the name they wanted. At least, that’s my assumption)

 

Was that Alta by any chance?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm not surprised that this is the route that the New England Revolution would take in branding their developmental team in USL League One, it is disappointingly underwhelming.

VN4oAjbl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

While I'm not surprised that this is the route that the New England Revolution would take in branding their developmental team in USL League One, it is disappointingly underwhelming.

VN4oAjbl.png


The logo just begs for a shirt sponsorship from Grunt Style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if you guys have heard the news, but coming from a Lexington native, this is some HUGE news.

Lexington hasn't been able to keep a stable top tier sports team for years now. We've had the Horsemen (Indoor Football), Thoroughblades (Hockey), Men O' War (also Hockey), and even an Ultimate Disc team called the Bluegrass Revolution (which moved to Cincy after one year *facepalm*). So if you're picking up what I'm putting down, this would be huge in Lexington. And, I would prefer this new team to be an independent team and not be a reserve side for FC Cincy or Lou City. That would ruin the whole "represent your community" newer clubs are trying to implement.

https://www.uslleagueone.com/news_article/show/1059812

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2019/10/usl-lexington-stadium-being-discussed/

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/other-sports/article236610928.html

spacer.png

I honestly would like this logo made by @mcrosby to represent Lexington. We have Keeneland which is a horse race track and the Red Mile, which holds the Kentucky Futurity (harness racing). Secondly, we are known as the "Horse Capital of the World". It would make sense for us to embody something with Horse Racing. It's kind of funny how Louisville hold the Kentucky Derby, yet still choose to go for a Bourbon Barrel. If you've ever seen the the initial Lou City logo, it was in the shape of a barrel and represented the bourbon the Kentucky is also known for producing. But they hold the flipping Kentucky Derby, makes no sense to go for that than for the horse racing! And they still pushed that idea into the new Louisville NWSL team. Proof? Proof Louisville? Go Bourbons or Bourbettes I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SambamOverTime said:

I don't know if you guys have heard the news, but coming from a Lexington native, this is some HUGE news.

Lexington hasn't been able to keep a stable top tier sports team for years now. We've had the Horsemen (Indoor Football), Thoroughblades (Hockey), Men O' War (also Hockey), and even an Ultimate Disc team called the Bluegrass Revolution (which moved to Cincy after one year *facepalm*). So if you're picking up what I'm putting down, this would be huge in Lexington. And, I would prefer this new team to be an independent team and not be a reserve side for FC Cincy or Lou City. That would ruin the whole "represent your community" newer clubs are trying to implement.

https://www.uslleagueone.com/news_article/show/1059812

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2019/10/usl-lexington-stadium-being-discussed/

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/other-sports/article236610928.html

spacer.png

I honestly would like this logo made by @mcrosby to represent Lexington. We have Keeneland which is a horse race track and the Red Mile, which holds the Kentucky Futurity (harness racing). Secondly, we are known as the "Horse Capital of the World". It would make sense for us to embody something with Horse Racing. It's kind of funny how Louisville hold the Kentucky Derby, yet still choose to go for a Bourbon Barrel. If you've ever seen the the initial Lou City logo, it was in the shape of a barrel and represented the bourbon the Kentucky is also known for producing. But they hold the flipping Kentucky Derby, makes no sense to go for that than for the horse racing! And they still pushed that idea into the new Louisville NWSL team. Proof? Proof Louisville? Go Bourbons or Bourbettes I guess?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, microdragon said:

This is a new team in Lexington from a new league.

https://www.lexingtonlandsharks.com/

 

Two things:

1. Landsharks is a very interesting name. Can't say that SHARKS have anything to do with Lexington

2. It says on the website that the team plays in the "Ohio Valley Premier League". It isn't USL 1 like the reports have been saying.

But, I will say that maybe they want to test the waters of having a new team first before entering USL 1. They also said they have aspirations to enter the U.S. Open Cup so this could be the future USL 1 team.

Edited by SambamOverTime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tulsa Roughnecks have rebranded as Tulsa FC. 

 

Old logo: 

220px-Tulsa_Roughnecks_FC_logo.svg.png

 

New logo: 

5de7f8fc1d0ee.image.jpg

 

Alternate logo and a third color from the website background? 

Tulsa_Background.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 9:17 PM, mcrosby said:

The Tulsa Roughnecks have rebranded as Tulsa FC. 

 

Old logo: 

220px-Tulsa_Roughnecks_FC_logo.svg.png

 

New logo: 

5de7f8fc1d0ee.image.jpg

 

 

The new logo is wonderful!  It depicts nature, with a bird and sunshine; yet it nevertheless has an art deco feel, like something you might see on  the walls at the Empire State Building.

 

And the universe remains balanced, as the sum total of "Roughnecks" nicknames and oil derrick logos remains the same, with this change alongside the introduction of the Houston XFL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The “patina green” color was announced with the crest. 
 

 

Matthew Wolff strikes again.  Man is amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:18 PM, Brian in Boston said:

While I'm not surprised that this is the route that the New England Revolution would take in branding their developmental team in USL League One, it is disappointingly underwhelming.

VN4oAjbl.png

 

Revs-II$large.png

 

They finally isolated it a bit.  Still very underwhelming but it's to be expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.