Dilbert

2019 Lower League US Soccer - USL Championship, League 1, League 2, NPSL, etc

33 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A downgrade for sure.  But not on the scale of Atlanta.

I'd call it a toss-up.  Ugh.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:59 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The older crest looks like a very weak SB Nation logo. 

Image result for sports nation logos

You wanted an SB Nation logo? The Sounders 2 rebrand has you covered:

d_76tNLB0_ZUVqXKEK0ew4QNg8E_UH4jXUBKCa15

(Not that it's a downgrade)

Seattle_Sounders_FC_2.svg

Does this add to the argument for Flint?

Blint City you know what never mind

I actually like the Bucks new crest. Could it have been better? yes, but it isn't a downgrade in my opinion, more of a lateral move or a slight upgrade.

It's a downgrade but I don't think the previous logo was good enough for it to be "the biggest" downgrade.

New Mexico United, the new United Soccer League club making its debut next month in Albuquerque, released its inaugural kits today. The jersey sponsor is Meow Wolf, a Santa Fe-based developer of immersive art experiences. 

51440208_1976365329334761_59553199881254

Ugh!  That is a classic case of a horrific advert ruining a kit.  Other than the horrific Meow Wolf crap, the uniform is just a bit boring, but with it, the whole thing is a disaster. 

Soccer fans: There is no worse sponsor for a team than Bimbo!

New Mexico United: Hold my beer.

To avoid flooding the MLS thread and making a thread for every lower league reveal I figured I'd start this. Let's start with a review of the two new Wisconsin clubs. 

Forward Madison FC - USL League 1

designed by Alex Perez

903A8133_0436_4BE6_81B5_8330E41D6A74.0.p

fm_logo_01.png

Green Bay Voyageurs - USL League 2

designed by Matthew Wolff

One of the biggest parks in Metro GB is Voyageur Park. So this name is more than just a "hey... some history." I love that it actually sounds like the name of a team with 19th or early 20th century roots. Great colors too... Lambeau era Packers is the perfect identity for such a team!

Now can we fix the damn Milwaukee Torrent? And maybe find them a venue closer to the meat and potatoes of MKE County's soccer fandom near the lakeshore?

Green Bay is getting a club in the USL League Two, and they now have a name and badge. 

GBVFC_PRIMARY_LOGO_011519.png

Details here:

https://www.greenbayvoyageurs.com/news_article/show/993574

The name Voyageurs is a reference to the earliest European settlers of Northeastern Wisconsin. The logo includes a four-paddle canoe symbolic of the early voyageurs’ preferred mode of transportation in the area, stars and a crescent moon and a sash representing the Fox River that connects Green Bay and Lake Winnebago.

The logo is by Matt Wolff, who was behind NYCFC and LAFC as well as PSG’s recent logo change.

The only thing that's bugging me is the staircase treatment for Green Bay and FC. I think a vertical shear, the way the script is presented, would've looked better. 

I rather like the staircase.  That's a selling point.

I do have one problem with it - the V sticks so far out of the shield, without a corresponding extension on the other end, that it unbalances the logo.  If you center the logo, as they invariably will do, the shield will be off-center.  

You can really see it here.

lQsXErsC_400x400.jpg

That same off-balance is also present in the Third Rail logo. 

jJYAVug.png

It's a small thing, doesn't detract from this logo, but there are times it's really going to stand out.  Like this avatar:

SPF2Ob1.png

Agreed.  As nice as it is for my kids to walk from the game home to their grandmother’s in the summer, Hart Park is not a great location for reaching the city.    And the name/logo... woof.