2019 Lower League US Soccer - USL Championship, League 1, League 2, NPSL, etc

Dilbert

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Agreed.  As nice as it is for my kids to walk from the game home to their grandmother’s in the summer, Hart Park is not a great location for reaching the city.    And the name/logo... woof. 

It's kind of unfathomable to me that despite their dealings with minor league sports (the Admirals) and hosting pro soccer at Miller Park, that the Brewers don't try to fill some empty dates with their own USL club.  I think it'd be insanely successful.  

I feel like the lack of balance works in an odd way... it ties into the vintage feel of the logo.

Either way, it's a drop in the bucket compared to everything they got right about it.  Especially the name.  A lot of early 20th century teams in the US took their name from whatever street or park they played in.  Voyageur Park right outside of Green Bay is one of the area's biggest parks and would have conceivably hosted a team like this.

1 minute ago, BigRed618 said:

I’m just glad to see that Green Bay is getting more attention in the sports world. Outside of Lambeau Field, that is. They got this, an indoor football team, and a baseball team. Do they have hockey yet?

The Green Bay Gamblers.  USHL.

GreenBay.0.jpg

gamblers-logo_3.jpg

Archived