The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Salt Lake City, Dallas, Chicago Added

_DietDrPepper_

Hello everyone! I'm back with a project many of y'all are familiar with. My personal football league; the Professional American Football Association. But this time I'm on the computer. I've been working a lot to improve my craft and am happy with the results. Enough so I think you guys will be happy to see the teams y'all helped create be back and better than ever. I originally planned to post this weekend but got a little excited and wanna get some feedback, so I'm posting it now. 

Thanks to @oldschoolvikings for the use of his template. 

I'm going to be presenting the teams and their home and away uniforms first. And once I finish each division, then I will upload alternate uniforms and throwback uniforms. I will also be posting a short history with each team I upload along with a signature in case someone would want one.

Currently its the offseason for the league. Next season will be it's 100th season. So most teams will receive a throwback.

We'll start with the Northeast Division and in the City of Brotherly Love! It should be uploaded soon. Hope you guys enjoy!

ejzhDK0.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0eCoXrj.png

The first team I have to present is one of the league's finest! The Philadelphia Black Bears.

The Bears started off in Boston as the Colonials until 1943 where the shipped off to Philadelphia. The struggling franchise would never be known as a loser again. The team found immediate success under now legendary coach John Hudson. They won the league's first ever Champion Bowl in January of the 1944 season, the same season they moved to Philly. They would go on to the next 3 Champion Bowls making them one of the leagues first dynasties. The team has a total of 8 Hudson Trophies. The trophy given to the winner of the Champion Bowl. Respectfully named after John Hudson.

Their current uniforms are fauxbacks, inspired by the kits they trotted out in those fateful 40's.

Helmet:

Their plain white helmet has been a staple of the team for as long as they've been in Philadelphia. A simple Grey-Black-Grey stripe compliments their grey facemasks.

Uniforms:

Grey jerseys on the road. White at home with contrasting shorts. The Grey-Black-Grey stripes continue on their sleeves, shorts, and socks.

Logos:

The logo isn't much. It's a mark famous to the game of football. The silhouette of a bear adorning a P is often seen around the City of Brotherly Love.

KWsX4Vk.png

o1d29Ib.png

Well theres my improved Philadelphia Black Bears! Hope you enjoy, thanks for viewing!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Philadelphia Added

Philly looks nice! Not often you see a black-gray team with gray as the dominant color and I love how it looks here! Only thing I might suggest would be a black outline on the numbers of the gray jerseys to provide a little more contrast, but even without I’d still say it looks great. Solid start to the league

j6FX7G5.png

The next team is one y'all haven't seen yet. The Milwaukee Cardinals!

They're in fact the second oldest team in the PAFA. Originating from Pittsburgh the Cards have bounced around from Chicago to Cleveland to now, Milwaukee. They are however one of the least successful franchises. Being over 100 years old, they've only made 3 Champion Bowls. Two of those coming in the past 20 years. In fact they went their first 50 years without a playoff win. Despite this, the team has found significantly more success in recent years. Finally winning their first Hudson Trophy in 2012. Almost 100 years since being founded.

Their uniforms haven't changed much. Brick red and Lake blue have been mainstays of the franchise since it moved to Cleveland in 1943.

Helmet:

A white helmet with the current cardinal head logo on it. Their three red and two blue stripes completing the look.

Uniforms:

Some of the simplest uniforms are found in Milwaukee. A white jersey is matched with some brick shorts. While on the road a brick jersey is complimented by some lake blue shorts. The striping found on the helmet is also found on the socks, with the shorts plain and the shoulders adorning numbers over the stripes.

Logo:

The Cardinal logo is a modern take on the last logo they used in Cleveland. The cardinal head had been selected as a secondary when the team opted to use a full body one when moving to Milwaukee, In 2010 the head logo was promoted and the team ditched the full body one.

BpZS3Qg.png

zchO8av.png

Well there's team number 2! Hope you enjoyed!

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Milwaukee Added

I think lake blue should only be an accent color for the Cards. So the white jersey numbers should be red with blue outline and I would definitely ditch the blue pants. I think having the set be white on red on blue is really clustered. The blue pants could work with the white set, but I'd rather see a set of white pants. Also I dont think the cardinal beak should be red, it gets lost in the logo, maybe try white or grey? 

Bears look good though, I second the other comment about having a black outline on the grey jerseys numbers. Other than that they look great!

9 hours ago, GDLions said:

I think lake blue should only be an accent color for the Cards. So the white jersey numbers should be red with blue outline and I would definitely ditch the blue pants. I think having the set be white on red on blue is really clustered. The blue pants could work with the white set, but I'd rather see a set of white pants. Also I dont think the cardinal beak should be red, it gets lost in the logo, maybe try white or grey? 

I would agree with you but they'd look much too similar to Birmingham. I think the blue helps contrast the two teams.

Here are some alternatives for the beak:

6N3xDC1.png

I'd prefer the current or the white.

3YCQJRO.png

aq6oPnJ.png

Well the next team is the one and only New York Bulls. Only the most successful franchise in PAFA history!

The Bulls are the oldest consistent brand in the league. Having been the New York Bulls since 1939. Being the best team in history tends to leave people to believe they've always been dominant, when in reality they haven't. They were under .500 10 of their first 11 seasons. The league even look at relocation because at the time the other New York team; the Manhattan Athletics, who now play in Birmingham, were playing much better. But the owners stayed strong and so did the fans. When the fifties rolled around the team improved slightly. Making back to back last season pushes and cinderella runs to actually make back to back Champion Bowls. After this however nothing much changed for about 5 years. More losing until they signed Dick Sanders, a backup qb who was playing for the Bears. Sanders turned out to be a stud. Leading the team to 5 Champion Bowls in his 11 year career in New York. He could've kept playing but a nasty ankle injury put him out for good. And with the loss of an all-time great the Bulls slipped into another 19 years of mediocre play. Until the Big Apple got a throwback. Kenny Sanders, son of Dick, was drafted with the first overall pick in the '88 draft. Kickstarting a new and improved Bulls team. His rookie season New York improved by 11 games and rode their momentum to two straight Champion Bowls. He wouldn't win either however. After a lockout season and a semifinal loss to Houston. The Bulls would make 3 more Champion Bowls in 4 years. The looked prime to head into the 2000. Sure Kenny was getting old but he was only 33 and had a few more runs in him. Unfortunately the same fate that got his dad got him and that was another New York legend that had to hang em up early. The Bulls have only won one more, that coming in 2010.

Their uniforms are plain. Blue at home and orange on the road.

Helmet:

A white helmet with bulls horns on either side.

Uniforms:

Some simple stuff for NYC, white over blue at home and orange over white on the road. TV numbers were removed in 2010, when the league stopped enforcing them, most teams still have them however.

Logo:

The logo for New York is a mix of an N and a Y. Their alternate is a bull logo

aQi0t2E.png

ZFqE4RH.png

Thanks for viewing and reading this incredibly long post!

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-New York Added

5rag5tv.png

The next team is the youngest in league! Coming in the 2011 expansion. This team was the rebirth of football in Cleveland.

The Ospreys don't have much of a history so i'll focus on a season recap. Which broke a couple records for the team! Going into their 8th season and coming off their worst season yet. Cleveland came out swinging with a 4-0 record with 2nd year QB Jared Poole and new head coach Daniel Salmon. Big wins over division rival Boston and upset shootout over reigning champs Miami led the Ospreys into week 8 undefeated at 7-0 and on top the league. Sadly however, they had arguably the easiest schedule out of anyone. And this showed. After two big, back to back losses, the 'Preys continued to slip. Finishing the season with the 6 seed in the playoffs with a 11-5 record. Still a huge improvement from last season but a bit of a disappointment compared to the first half of the season. The team matched up against a beat up Los Angeles team who barely made it into the tournament. They made quick work of them and set their eyes on a matchup against 4 seed Carolina. Sadly they only put up one score in a massacre in Riverside Stadium in Carolina. The look prime to make a run for the Bowl next year however. Resigning Poole, and a couple defensive pieces.

Their uniforms are modern and slick. Using navy and yellow as their war paint.

Helmet:

A yellow helmet adorning a soaring osprey on either side.

Uniforms:

White over blue at home and blue over white on the road. Stripes appearing on the socks and sleeves. A different striping pattern is on the shorts.

Logo:

A mid-strike osprey with a cream underbelly and blue wings is the official logo, but a version with a white replacing cream is used on the helmet.

xrZaqC2.png

lRUxit7.png

There is the Cleveland Ospreys. I tried a different art style in this logo, ala real life NFL where not every team was designed the same. C&C appreciated, hope you enjoy!

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Cleveland Added
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I'm back! This series got put on the back burner for a bit when I started my baseball sim league(s), but since i'm gonna be away for a bit, unable to use gimp, I figured to go ahead and upload some more of these, I've got most of the league done and will be taking feedback, it may be a minute before I'm able to actually update my concepts though. I'll be cutting down much of the excess and just getting to the concepts. I'll also be going in any order I want, feel free to suggest cities you'd like to see and if I have the team done, or if they have a team, I'll post it.

So the first team are the Washington Marauders!

Their name is derived from an older team that Washington once housed, the Washington Pirates. The logo is two crossed swords, with singular swords as the secondaries. The colors are Steel Blue, Navy, Capital Red, and Bone White. Their uniforms have a unique striping on the helmets and shorts. The uniforms have a modern sleeve stripe that's reminiscent of a sword's curves.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And I'm also gonna be showing off the Birmingham Vulcans!

The name is derived from Vulcan Park in Birmingham. Their logo is a rendition of the Vulcan Statue in the park, which represents the iron workers in Birmingham (Inspired by the Pittsburgh Maulers of the USFL). Their colors are Maroon and White, after the famous Alabama Tide. Uniforms are classy and simple.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you enjoy the concepts! Would love to get some comments.

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Washington and Birmingham Added
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, appleclock said:

Birmingham Vulcans were a WFL team in the 70s. I like yours though with the crimson tide look. Best team so far.

The WFL doesn't exist in this universe, although I did completely forget they existed in the first place. Glad you like Birmingham! 

Next up I've got the Carolina Griffins! The team name is pretty clever. The first ever plane flight was I Kitty Hawk, North Carolina so naturally I had to pick an aviation theme. This was also a 90's expansion team, so I wanted a wacky name. So I chose an animal that's both a kitty and a hawk, a griffin! The name fit what I wanted really well. The colors are Purple and Carolina Gold. The logo is the head of a griffin, derived from the full body inaugural logo. (That'll be on the throwback uniform) The uniforms are classy and simple however, making it a nice modern look.

spacer.png

And the last one for today are the New Orleans Hurricanes! The team name is pretty clearly named after the frequent hurricanes in the Gulf area. The colors are inspired by Tulane University. Mardi Gras Green and Sky Blue. The logo is a football mixed with the national hurricane warning logo. The uniform has consistent wide stripes. They're one of my personal favorite uniforms.

spacer.png

Hope you like the concepts, C&C appreciated. 

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-New Orleans and Carolina Added

Archived