The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Salt Lake City, Dallas, Chicago Added

_DietDrPepper_

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, BellaSpurs said:

j6FX7G5.png

The next team is one y'all haven't seen yet. The Milwaukee Cardinals!

They're in fact the second oldest team in the PAFA. Originating from Pittsburgh the Cards have bounced around from Chicago to Cleveland to now, Milwaukee. They are however one of the least successful franchises. Being over 100 years old, they've only made 3 Champion Bowls. Two of those coming in the past 20 years. In fact they went their first 50 years without a playoff win. Despite this, the team has found significantly more success in recent years. Finally winning their first Hudson Trophy in 2012. Almost 100 years since being founded.

Their uniforms haven't changed much. Brick red and Lake blue have been mainstays of the franchise since it moved to Cleveland in 1943.

Helmet:

A white helmet with the current cardinal head logo on it. Their three red and two blue stripes completing the look.

Uniforms:

Some of the simplest uniforms are found in Milwaukee. A white jersey is matched with some brick shorts. While on the road a brick jersey is complimented by some lake blue shorts. The striping found on the helmet is also found on the socks, with the shorts plain and the shoulders adorning numbers over the stripes.

Logo:

The Cardinal logo is a modern take on the last logo they used in Cleveland. The cardinal head had been selected as a secondary when the team opted to use a full body one when moving to Milwaukee, In 2010 the head logo was promoted and the team ditched the full body one.

BpZS3Qg.png

zchO8av.png

Well there's team number 2! Hope you enjoyed!

That's an old-ish picture of the Milwaukee lakefront.  This is what it looks like now.

spacer.png

I love the Cardinals colors, but I would probably try to avoid using the names of NFL teams for a project like this.  Even if the NFL doesn't exist in this universe, it's hard not to compare your concepts to the actual teams.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm back! And with another team, the Los Angeles Stars! The team uses baby blue, yellow, and white. The logo is a star with a LA monogram. The uniforms are all white at home and blue and yellow on the road. Each uniforms are centered around a star stripe.

spacer.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Los Angeles Stars Added

What city is next? I remember San Francisco had the Dragons, Detroit had the Eights, Miami had the Blaze and Arizona had the Ghila Monsters . Are you planning to bring those back?

Some name suggestions:

Denver Altitude 

Nashville Beat

Houston Galaxy

Tampa Bay Hammerheads

5 hours ago, texashockeyfan said:

What city is next? I remember San Francisco had the Dragons, Detroit had the Eights, Miami had the Blaze and Arizona had the Ghila Monsters . Are you planning to bring those back?

Some name suggestions:

Denver Altitude 

Nashville Beat

Houston Galaxy

Tampa Bay Hammerheads

Here’s a list of the teams yet to be revealed 

San Francisco Dragons

Detroit Eights

Salt Lake City Hornets

Cincinnati Centurions

Atlanta Foxes

Dallas Roughnecks

Miami Flamingos 

Pittsburgh Panthers

Minnesota Bruins

San Diego Devils

Seattle Cascaders

Portland Thorns 

Los Angeles Threshers

New York Cannons

Omaha Tornadoes

Boston Frigates

Houston Galaxy

Arizona Gila Monsters

Denver Pioneers

Baltimore Express

Indianapolis Racers

Chicago Kings

Tennessee Timbers

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'm back today with the San Diego Devils! I drastically updated this one from its previous design, I updated the devil head logo and focused more on black then red. All black is now the look on the road too. Here's the new Devils look.

spacer.png

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-San Diego Devils Added

This time I've got the improved Bruins look! I removed (most of the) silver and blue and focused on the army green and white. Northwestern stripes are still the main stripe pattern, the logo doesn't change either. White jersey and green pants at home, all green on the road.  A custom block font was made based on the logo.

spacer.png

Hope you enjoy!

Edit: My 1500th post, yay :) 

3YCQJRO.png

6 hours ago, Section30 said:

I'm not sold on the shade of green for the Bruins. I would go with a forest green more similar to the Wild rather than the current shade which looks more like military camo green.

A) they've been "military green" since I first created the team and I really personally can't see them in any thing other than it.

b) I've got 5 total teams that wear a green primary jersey, and portland already has the dark forest green, the "military green" is unique to them

But I did go ahead and do some mockups:

Spoiler

Here they are:

Dallas Stars green:

spacer.png

Minnesota Wild green:

spacer.png

And finally the (now old) New York Jets green:

spacer.png

All three of these look especially Jets, and for a football league that's not the NFL I don't want to come to close to jets territory so I think that is another thing the "military green" has going for it

Double Post today! I've got a newcomer, the Tennessee Timbers. Named after the Timber Rattlesnake, commonly found in Tennessee. Their colors are sand, green and black. Their logo has come a long way ( I think its on the old thread still). The helmets are Sand colored, which looks similar to Boston Colleges look. Their uniforms are white at home with green pants and green on the road with sand pants. 

spacer.png

Hope you enjoy!

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to The Retun of the Professional American Football Association-Tennessee Timbers and Throwbacks Added
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2019 at 9:50 AM, BellaSpurs said:

I've been playing with some throwback designs. I've got (in order) Minnesota, Los Angeles, Washington, New York, and Philadelphia. The years of the throwbacks are the numbers on the uniform.

spacer.png

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry I'm late to the party, but those are some pretty awesome throwbacks.

Archived